Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Where do you race?

Nice work Jonny. By the way, where abouts do you test your car? At "Race city" by any chance. I'm from Calgary as well, bought a 64 volvo p1800 6 months ago. I am restoring it now as a first project and am gonna do some custome welding work like a grill, etc. Any ideas on how to get some power out of the 1.8litre, 4 cylinder? I want some more, but not sure what to do since i am still in high school and on a tight budget. It's a good project for starters any way.

thanks

Race City will be the place if they are still open this year. I haven't really tested it much except for once down the south deerfoot towards Okatoks, did a speed test up to the cars origonal top speed. Any questions you have just PM me and I'll try to help you out with your projects.

I'm not familiar with that engine, however there are many things one can do to almost any engine to get a little more out of it.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind. Right now i am still trying to get rid of the rust from the rotten floorpans. Once it is gone and rewelded, i'll be putting the interior back in. Don't know whether to do it original or custom... again i'm having trouble deciding. Here is some pics of my car and what a customized one can look like. Also, when you reweld auto metal, is there requirements as to whether it needs to be a certain type such as a seam weld or spot weld. Right now i'm thinking in relation to the floorpan. I cut out certain sections of the floorpan (where it is rusted bad enough so i cant use that metal again) and am wondering if i can do a spot weld every inch or something similar. Maybe drill holes every inch in the overlapped 20guage and fill the hole through with a puddle of MIG???
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't do body metal welding, I'm not the best to ask. Post a fresh thread and see what people say. There's lots of experience floating around this forum
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Dabar39 is the man who is most experienced at bodywork like you want. Send him a pm or post it up here on the forum like JonnyTIG suggested (in the Motorsports side of the forum)

bert
    p.s. sorry Dave to abuse your name
    Last edited by Bert; 04-08-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind. Right now i am still trying to get rid of the rust from the rotten floorpans. Once it is gone and rewelded, i'll be putting the interior back in. Don't know whether to do it original or custom... again i'm having trouble deciding. Here is some pics of my car and what a customized one can look like. Also, when you reweld auto metal, is there requirements as to whether it needs to be a certain type such as a seam weld or spot weld. Right now i'm thinking in relation to the floorpan. I cut out certain sections of the floorpan (where it is rusted bad enough so i cant use that metal again) and am wondering if i can do a spot weld every inch or something similar. Maybe drill holes every inch in the overlapped 20guage and fill the hole through with a puddle of MIG???
    That's a nice looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Dabar39 is the man who is most experienced at bodywork like you want. Send him a pm or post it up here on the forum like JonnyTIG suggested (in the Motorsports side of the forum)

bert
    I tried to PM him but his inbox is full. Not sure how else to get a hold of dabar39??
    Any suggestions?