Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: airbrush kits?

Hybrid View

Default airbrush kits?

Anybody know anything about airbrushes? My son is getting into learning about custom painting/stenciling on cars & would like an airbrush kit for graduation. I don't know the first thing about them so I'm just starting to do some research. Any help or links would be appreciated.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Iwata airbrushes are very good and well worth the money. You can go to www.coastairbrush.com they have all the supplies you will need. I have owned the iwata hp-c gravity feed airbrush great all around brush for about $145.00 . Also try www.airbrushtricks.com or www.kustomkulturelounge.com these are good websites for tips and tricks from other professionals. Hope this helps.

Google Craig Fraiser and check out his stuff! He has a lot of videos and books on the subject!

I've used Paasche for years. Nearly 40 years to be exact. There are several good brands out there, you just need to find one that suits you best.

Kinda depends what he is going to be painting. The Iwata HP-C is a workhorse of the custom auto and bike painters. Or if you want to stay US made the Paasche Talon is actually a really nice brush. As for compressors, by 2 cents would be to get a small tanked compressor from sears or the like. I cant stand the pulsating of the cheapo compressors, and the tanked airbrush specific ones seem overpriced.
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

I've used Iwata, Sata, Paasche, Badger, and dare I say Harbor Freight.

Iwata and Sata are hands down the best quality. Get an Iwata HP-C or CS for around $150 and get a Harbor Freight internal mix airbrush (which is a copy of the Badger 150). Learn the importance of cleaning and using high quality fine pigments on the HF. Then use the Iwata after those lessons have been learned and the first airbrush hopelessly "spraying poorly."

You could seriously use a 1 or 2 quart industrial ultrasonic cleaner as well.

And remember airbrushed skulls are as original and cool as the tribal armband tattoo.
    Equipped with red and blue... and red and green!
    80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal