Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: as promised....

Default as promised....

Here it is on the trailer! I finished my build thread on this a while ago and have finally gotten it up on a trailer and mobile. Now I am going to put a toolbox for cookeing accessories, a turkey fryer, a fire pit, and some wood storage......I will post that stuff up as i get it mounted. Thanks a bunch for all your interest in my build thread on this and enjoy the pics and as always.....questions are welcome.

Josh

Looks good, but one design issue concerns me a wee bit (ok, a lot). You have a tire within what looks like 6 inches of the fire box.

I should show you the melted plastic wheels on our yard fire pit (POS the wife had before me). They're easily a foot away, and have been severely melted half a dozen times.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Im glad you brough up that point Jim because I meant to make a comment about that.....but Im one step ahead of you ha ha. I am posting a link to my build page and if you scroll almost to the bottom and you can see what I lined my fire box with to prevent heat from getting to the tires. I felt it the other day mid way through cooking and the bottom of the fire box was cool as could be. Refractory isnt a widely used material in the smoker world but I really think there are several ways that it could be used to help the design process of your trailer (I.E. putting your fire box over you wheels). Good point though and thanks again for bringing that up so I can explain.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...t=18078&page=5

So long as it doesn't break down from the vibration, you should be fine.

How does it work? The weather is great up here and if I wasn't hacking up a lung every 5 mins I'd be out grilling.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Breakdown from vibration is fixed by the anchors I put in there AAAAAANNNNNDD...............the weather is great! I havent run my A/C in over a week but you better get down here for some BBQ before it hits 102 degrees with 98% humidity ha ha.....that kind of heat starts about end of April down here =(.
    Last edited by joshcarlegis55; 04-03-2010 at 08:47 PM.

You must be some where close to Houston, Tx. That sounds like our spring time weather here!

I wish I was back home in Houston man......till I get back though I am stuck here in Alabama.....Ill be back though...one day...as soon as I sell my house....