I have seen walking the cup for tig welding. I would like to try it but i have a few questions first.
-Do I need a grove or not, if so what kind?
-Do I need a special kind of cup?
-Do I need to fidget with my paremeters (ie. rod, tungsten, voltage, gas)?

And I was watching this show on the discovery chanel, Howe & Howe Tech, and they where welding a fillet T joint on fairly thick steel (probaly 1/2 inch im guessing) with MIG. But what different was how he was welding, it looked like he was holding the shielding cup at the top with his left hand and rotating the handle in circles with his right hand. Does this have a name? How do I do it?