Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Gdot

Quote Originally Posted by BMFwelder View Post
    I was told by a contractor who I sub for that Georgia DOT requires this to be done, along with all of the other ridiculous stuff. I looked at 2 of his service trucks that are equipped to weld and neither were mounted like that. Maybe he just needed something to talk about. I have worked off a trailer for 2 years and never had any problem. Thanks for clearing this up for me. I am trying to locate this official DOT regulation but cant find any info on this.
    If this is true, have him cite the article, chapter, and verse. There would then be specific instructions, including materials, regarding procedure.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

I've put 4 welding rigs together for myself over the years, and have never isolated the bed. I don't see why you couldn't do it, but why bother? My first rig I used wood between the frame rails and the bed frame, but nowadays I just use square tubing. Makes it easier to run the wiring for various applications.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137