Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new here

Hybrid View

Smile new here

Just wanted to say hi to everyone just bought a mm 140 auto saturday welding new to me for repairs on mowers snowplow/blowers and making stuff for around the house once i get going will post pics, first project a cart as is every ones what do you all think of the 140 thanks good night all

Default Welcome!

Good place to come for asking questions and reading how others do things. Good luck. You may need a thick skin sometimes.

We try not to be too abusive the first week. Just kidding, there are a lot of great people on here that can help you out with most problems you will encounter. Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your new machine.

Welcome to the forum ... I have an old MM90 and it does just fine. Always apply the weld start to the thickest metal and move to the thinner one.
    Shoot I even weld railroad spikes and someone said my welder was too small ...

There is a lot to learn here ..
    Jim

Welcome :] this is a really great place for ideas, advice and suggestions. You learn a lot on here. And a lot of the people here can be pretty fun as well, you just have to learn to put up with them ;]
    have fun with your new machine!! :]
    Lala

You will love your MM140. I started with one about 3 years ago, this year I moved up to a MM211. The 211 is like having a 140 when using the 110v, and having capacity for heavier steel on the 220v.

Read everything you can find, ask questions on this forum, and post pictures of your projects. Understand you will have hobbiests and professionals helping/critiquing/criticising your work. You may need a thick skin occasionally, but these guys will help you improve your welding.

Add your location to your profile, there may be guys close enough to help you in person.

Welcome to welding!
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL
    http://www.10FtDrillBit.com