Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc537 View Post
    Dave are you talking about the twist lock style stingers vs the aligator clamp?
    I think hes talking about one like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on my experiences in my little bitty world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    I think hes talking about one like this.
    yup thats what i was thinking of! thanks sonora
    American By Birth, Union by Choice!

4th generation Pipefitters LU 537

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood
    Miller Elite Titanium 9400 Hood

I think its about time i introduce myself as well. Hello, im Kayla! Im 17 living in Las Vegas, NV. I attend Southeast Career Tech Academy (a high school) for welding, earning 13 college credits for welding in the process :]. I learn all the basics i guess you could say, and i hope to make this a career when i graduate and finish college. Im always open for ideas and advice. Thankss :]
    Lala

Hi Kayla Yea I concur on the bad rod angle I had 2 of my teachers tell me the same thing, so hopefully tomorrow will be the day lol Also passed my Tee and Lap joints in my tig class tonight so that was sweet!

Default "Short-Stub"

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc537 View Post
    yup thats what i was thinking of! thanks sonora
    Yeah, I like the TWECO version a little better than the Bernard, even though they're basically the same. The head is a little "heftier" on the TWECO, and the spring/lock nut style is a little different.

Plus you can bend the rod anyway you want when doing flat work, etc.

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    I dont.

I personally dont think the Dig has anything to do with temp / amps. Its hard for me to explain! (Youll have to see it to understand).
    The Dig controls the flow of the puddle, higher % = stiffer / non-flowing puddle. Lower the % = wetter / flowing puddle. I run my roots with 100 % Dig. Hot and cap around 95 % Dig, (that is when I remember to change it).

Daniel you run a little hotter than I do, most likely because Im old and slow, and my reaction time is considerable slower than it use to be!
    Dig is an inductance control.