Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Project ideas?

Make something you want but can't afford, like a go kart or trailer or shop tool like press.
    That's my two cents
    Thanks

when we get more money for all the steal and gas and stuff i think im gunna try making like a dunebuggy or a sandrail or something. i think that would be a fun project, prolly take a while, but why not eeh?
    Lala

Default cart for lcd

i made a cart 4 my lcd tv and a couple of carts for inside the house, very handy. harbor freight is a good place for casters

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    I have welding for 2 periods a day, 5 days a week, i can take as many days as i need to complete a project, my teacher wants us to make cool things that take more than one day. We started learning TIG today, i actually did really good, specially for my first time, it almost looks like i did the weld with the wirefeed. So im gunna try and work on TIG and get better than work on projects using TIG.
    But thanks for the ideas, i have all this year and next to make what ever it is i want. :]]
    Keep the ideas comming guys.

Wow that didn't last long. What happened to school?
    Fab Tech

Quote Originally Posted by FabTech View Post
    Wow that didn't last long. What happened to school?
    We ran out of argon so we had to put the tigging on hold for a little while, my school has a very limited budget. Most of the things we get end up being paid for out of my teachers pocket cause the school cant fund it. Our budget for next year was supposed to be 19000 but the school can only give us 5000. So were pretty under budget :/
    Lala

Can you ask local welders/welding shops/metal suppliers if they would be willing to donate scrap metal to your school? I always have leftover pieces which I hang onto waiting until I have an idea where I can use them-but always more stuff than I can use. They may only be small pieces but you can practice welding and bending and cutting on them. Or go to a scrap metal recycle place and ask if they would donate some metal. Maybe ask on Craig's list? Or, have the class make some items and rent a booth and sell at a craft fair to make money for supplies. I make a lot of small items with scrap metal and sell for $6-$20. In today's economy, it makes sense and those small sales do add up. Kayla-private message me if you'd like me to send you small project ideas. cat