Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    that looks really cool, i like it, thanks!
    How goes your design Kayla have you sketched anything out yet?
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

No, i need to though. I havnt decided what exactly to do yet.. Im horrible at making decisions, and i hate doing it. But im kinda getting close to a final choice hah. And im not very good at blue prints with the bill of materials and all, so im kinda trying to put off doing that as well.. I procrastinate way too much.
    Lala

Here's a few ideas that I do, mostly out of recycled metal:

-Get a section of chain, like a dog leash, and make a snake. For a "rattlesnake", use a bolt with loose nuts on the tail, and another welded to the top to keep them on. the tongue can be made from a fondue fork, and the head a serving spoon. I like using the dog leashes because the links are twisted, and give the snake more of a sinuous shape.

-Centipede: Use a bicycle chain, and weld bent nails to every other link (well, you want the centipede to bend, right?) Two more nails for antenna

-Ants: bolt for the body, six bent nails for the legs, two antenna. I also like putting a couple of nuts to either side for eyes.

-Spider: weld three large nuts in a row (if you can do bigger to smaller, even better!) Make legs out of nails - weld together at 90* - and then weld to the body of the spider. Don't make them all touch the ground, make it look like your spider is walking!

-Flowers can be plasma-cut from sheet metal, and then bent to shape. Tip: going to make a rose? Use barbed wire for the stem!

-Got a bucket of bolts? Make a skeletal hand, "Terminator" style. Weld the heads of four bolts together to form the "bones" on the back of the hand, then work on the "fingers." The "wrist" can be several rows of nuts welded together to the heads of the bolts. You can even make a stand to display this afterwards - I used a bicycle kickstand and a star lugnut wrench.

i have a new 16in chainsaw chain, it doesn't fit my saw and i cant return it,,, any ideas into making that into something useful? lol
    Anything you could do, I could do better.
    I can do anything better than you!
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

Attatch a long cable to each end with handles on each end .......throw one end over a high branch to make a manual saw.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Thanks spyguy :] those seem pretty cool, ill have to try the flower one out for sure, my step mom loves that kind of stuff for her back yard. Im actually making a sun for her back yard right now, i just started with the blue prints. After that ill be sure to make a few of those.
    Lala

It is amazing how we lose our creative side as we get older- even Young older like you

Give a child a Crayon and a Piece of paper- zero hesitation, instantly coloring, scribbling etc. and if yer not watching, coloring all over the d.a.m.n house

Give an adult a pencil and piece of paper..... instant Mental Block.

Procrastination- that's because yer afraid to Color
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

This is how it starts.

Then one day you walk through the door and Chris Hansen is sitting there!

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Default Here is a t-post puller

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    Im a highschool student taking welding, and we can make projects, but i cant ever think of anything to make :/
    Any ideas?
    Hello Kayla Welcome to the site
    Here is a project that might be useful to make in welding class for a grade or what not, simple and easy to build and who knows it might even be a useful tool for someone you know.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...=T-post+puller

Let me know if you would like more info on material and measurements

CH!

thanks crazy horse!
    our budget is running too low to do projects right now, so im on hold for a while :/
    were broke so no more metal, gas, or anything.
    Lala