Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Red face ornamental iron info

Hi, new member here.
    I was just wondering if anyone can suggest any books on building ornamental iron projects? I have googled and only seem to come up with manufacturers who want to sell products. I am a 35 year welder and want to try ornamental as I usually do structural buildings. New side hobby.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

GG

Default Try Jansen or Kings metals

Kings has a very good selection of metal working, design, and welding books. Also try Jansen iron. With luck you may be able to download a book of designs from one of them. Jansen has 1 business in the Los Angeles area. Kings is bigger and has 3 branches.

The Design Concepts is Free
    http://www.kingmetals.com/Default.as...+Books*31065@@

King is a Supplier but they are a good supplier.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Shop Outfitters has a book with some pictures and ideas.

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Catalo...bmotd3rvcts7d0
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-TX View Post
    Shop Outfitters has a book with some pictures and ideas.

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Catalo...bmotd3rvcts7d0
    i have that book and king has a design catalog

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you all for your responses. I have ordered catalogs from both.

Thanks again!

GG

Default Tripple S steel

Triple S steel has three branches in the US and has catalogs, books and all kinds of shapes of steel already to be included in your design. Their main address is
    Triple S Steel Supply
    Po Box 21119
    Houston Tx 77226
    Their supply store here in Knoxville, Tn. has been very willing to sell small amounts and to cut them to fit pickup truck if needed. Don't know about shipment to Canada but their catalog is very full with over 330 pages of equipment and premfg shapes, baskets, spindles, scrolls and castings.

Along with Kings and Jensens
    This one is current it is a link to my book review on the Hobart site was available at the big box hardware store book sections

Plain and Ornamental Forging by: Ernst Schwarztkopf

Bent iron work
    Is probably the first one you should get has all the basic for the type ornamental iron work. Commonly miss described as wrought iron work
    All are in the thread on the books for metal workers.
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space