Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Entertainment stand

There's probably a better name for this than Entertainment stand. ?? I can make it - I just can't name it. Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job. Brings tiers to my eyes
    Last edited by monte55; 03-10-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by scott-n-montana View Post
    There's probably a better name for this than Entertainment stand. ?? I can make it - I just can't name it. Scott
    Why not name it Skippy?

(ok, removing tongue from cheek
    Entertainment Center
    Media Stand
    Home Electronics Rack

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Nice job. Bring tiers to my eyes
    Groan

Frank

i'd go with Effin Sweet!! its a nice looking setup man. Well Done!
    American By Birth, Union by Choice!

4th generation Pipefitters LU 537

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood
    Miller Elite Titanium 9400 Hood

Quote Originally Posted by fjk View Post
    Groan

Frank
    Oh c'mon......that was kinna funny
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Oh c'mon......that was kinna funny
    yup, it was
    (though I had to read it 2 or three times ... did he really say _that_?)

all _good_ puns get a groan.

(bad ones get something that probably would be censored by the
    language police-)

frank

Nice work Scott, looks like a nice set up not having to see legs on the corners. A little different look from the normal stuff is always good.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

very cool. i wish i new alittle bit about woodworking, maybe someday when i have a real shop of my own. Wood just adds another cool texture to steel projects. Here is a TV stand i built a while back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default hi-fi stand

that looks very nice. really neat and minimalist. if someone wants to copy this design or make something similar, but not use wood for the shelves, why not use marble slab cut too size. i'm sure you could get some cut too size in a kitchen fitters shop or even where they make headstones for graves.
    these places always have off-cuts they cannot use for anything else, once their main job has been made. i have done this for all my hi-fi tables i have made over the years and found the shop people only too happy to offload their waste pieces of slab. they have even been happy to cut and polish these offcuts too my requirements, provided they have enough of the type i want.
    i don't know what you would spend on marble over in your part of the world, but i have usually paid around 20-35 per square foot (depending on the quality) so a shelf of around 14"X18" could cost anything from around 35 up. using marble will also make the hi-fi sound better, due too the inherent damping effect it has on vibrations. something which wood does not normaly have a big effect on (for hi-fi anyway)
    if you are a bit skeptical about the effect, try a bit of stone slab under the cd player first, but remember that marble is more dense and will work a little better (and look a lot better)
    i have also found that molten lead in the frame works wonders, but you need to do this outside wearing a mask and goggles, NOT in the garage or other enclosed space. you WILL give yourself a headache otherwise (at least) or at worst, give yourself lead poisoning. the headache is just the first warning. so be carefull and plan what you are going to do properly.
    i have made at least 8 tables this way (at last count) with no ill effects. but you can't be too carefull when using molten lead. anyone need advice, let me know.