Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Need some help With Mig Welding Stainless Steel

Hey whats up Fella's, i Am a Great Stick and Mig Blackiron Welder,and have Welded some of Heavy gauge Stainless, but im Doing some Stuff home now and i have a miller 140 autoset, With tri-mix Gas and i Am welding 20 Gauge Stainless steel ...

whats the best Setting for the Gas with this Stainless,and Setting for the Miller to burn Just Right.

Cool

I don't know what the settings on your welder would be but i wish i had your setup tomorrow when farmer John brings me all his SS milk cans to weld up...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default Machine Nomenclature

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L.U 28 NYC View Post
    Hey whats up Fella's, i Am a Great Stick and Mig Blackiron Welder,and have Welded some of Heavy gauge Stainless, but im Doing some Stuff home now and i have a miller 140 autoset, With tri-mix Gas and i Am welding 20 Gauge Stainless steel ...

whats the best Setting for the Gas with this Stainless,and Setting for the Miller to burn Just Right.
    When you installed the spool of wire, did you notice a chart on the inside of the lid?

WFS and gas flow are listed there.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"