Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default Lincoln SA-200 numbers

Somebody here knows this stuff, and I never had one of these machines before. I did try to search "SA-200" here, also looked at lincolnelectric.com.

The problem is that the factory did not stamp the tag on the welder for code, and the serial number is only stamped "L".

The four cylinder flathead engine has a tag, stamped "Lincoln Model L 200"
    code "L947-------165405"

The Wico magneto is stamped, spec "XH-2500"
    ser "515798"

From this, can someone tell me the numbers I'll need to find manuals and order parts for this machine? Or where to find someone who can work with the numbers I do have?

Go to billswelderrepair.com and see if you can find what you are looking for there. All they do there is work on and rebuild the older Lincolns. If you can't find it on their website, give them a call and someone there should know the answers to your questions.

I have a 1954 and 1955 the tag on the side of the engine says L947.
    Last edited by Sonora Iron; 03-08-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by seattle smitty View Post
    Somebody here knows this stuff, and I never had one of these machines before. I did try to search "SA-200" here, also looked at lincolnelectric.com.

The problem is that the factory did not stamp the tag on the welder for code, and the serial number is only stamped "L".

The four cylinder flathead engine has a tag, stamped "Lincoln Model L 200"
    code "L947-------165405"

The Wico magneto is stamped, spec "XH-2500"
    ser "515798"

From this, can someone tell me the numbers I'll need to find manuals and order parts for this machine? Or where to find someone who can work with the numbers I do have?
    As you have already been told, billsweldingrepair.com is a great source. Also,
    AWS.org has a lot of SA-200 owners who can help.

Griff

If there is not 5 or 6 coats of paint on it, sometimes you can read the code number on the barrel. Can’t remember if it is at 5-O’clock or 7-O’clock. The ones I have the stamps are so faint it is really hard to see when sanded to bare metal.
    Caution!

Another way to start narrowing down the age group is by the type of idler your machine has. Bellows, or R-57.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Caution!

I don't know much about them but had 2 sold 1. I thought the old one actually ran better but I didn't, don't use them enough to be able to tell the difference. Fixed a couple things on it and test it for a couple minutes. Installed a remote on it for the guy I sold it to.

Do you know what years they are? 60’s early 70’s?
    Caution!

One was old, had a mag on it and the other I bought new in maybe 79 or 80. I bought the old one at auction when copper was sky high, really for the leads. I had lost a couple long ones in a fire some years ago, never replaced them and just wanted a couple more long heavy ones around, mostly for pipe thaw.

I don't use it anymore really, just kept it around in the event I took some job where I needed extra machines, figured on the occasion or 2 it would pay for itself vs rentals or something and I have on occasion parked it on jobs in plants.