Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My Portable Welding Table

Ok, here we go a few shots of my portable welding table, and tools of the trade. I got that feelin some of you are giggling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fab Tech

i like it. it has a fully height adjustable top with color coded adjusters. now how cool is that. and to show its high dollar it even has a shiny new top that easily reversible. mind if i ask how long it took to build this fine piece of craftsmanship? can you please include some step by step instructions and pics of the assembly process? i think i might have enough materials around the farm to copy it if i take apart my coffee and dinning room tables. coarse my 4 girlfriends might want to divorce me if i dismantle the house hold furniture. but what the heck i'll make them happy with some fine rustic apple crates.
    miller 225 bobcat
    miller aead200le (with miller hf tig trailer mounted)
    mm175, mm211, TA181i
    mm252 w/30a spool gun
    precision tig 225
    hobart stickmate LX ac/dc
    Speedglas 9100X & XX / Miller Digital Elite
    hypertherm 380 & cutmaster 52
    victor journeyman & super range
    ridgid chop saw, kalamazoo band saw
    steel max and evolution carbide saws
    6 4.5" & a 20lb 9" rockwell grinders
    case 580 backhoe (for what i can"t lift)
    if first you don't succeed
    trash the b#####d

Glad you like it The whole idea is portability. Table height is 34 the table size is 48x18 1/8 plate, in photo #2 I show the frame its 1-1/4x1-1/4 x1/8 sq stock picked up at the local supply yard. Im using .030 solid steel wire and a setting of 4/70 on my Millermatic 180. In photo #3 the vise is a key element to the table its also portable, and of course youll need tools, good tools are essential. Tools of the Trade
    Send me an email and Ill get you a Cadd drawing or a PDF be my pleasure

Ah man your killin me here,
    Fab Tech

seriously it looks like it will be a nice table when you get it done. nice and light and easy on the back. beats the heck out of a piece of plywood on a tree stump. be sure to show us farm billies pics of the finished table.
    miller 225 bobcat
    mm175, mm211, TA181i
    mm252 w/30a spool gun
    precision tig 225
    trash the b#####d

All right here we go, the whole idea is portability. I cant weld in the garage, that a given so use the driveway. A Folding Portable Welding Table
    Fab Tech

Table legs
    Fab Tech

Table top on legs
    Fab Tech

Looks like I need to set the date on my camera, I took these yesterday,
    If I knew how to post a video that be great

Well there she is my welding table
    Fab Tech

that's a heck of a nice table you built Mr. Fab. was it your idea or did you find some plans for it? either way you did a great job on it and i'm sure guys will follow your lead. i like your welding shoes also lol. i was doing some plasma cutting this weekend showing my boy how well my new cutmaster 52 works and he got two lessons in one. forgot what shoes i was wearing and to his benefit he got his second lesson when he saw his dad do the jig and kick off my smoking not so new now super high speed tenny runners. now that those new shoes are broken in it shouldn't be to bad once i get the holes in them lined up right with the little blisters on the tops of my feet.
    miller 225 bobcat
    mm175, mm211, TA181i
    mm252 w/30a spool gun
    precision tig 225
    trash the b#####d

FabTech

Wondering if you could just cut the piece that you unbolt to fold and put a hinge pin in the middle of it with a little overweld catch on one piece so it can only bend in one direction, up when you lift it. That way you wouldn't have to unbolt it. Real nice job.

Dynasty 350 - My New Baby
    Millermatic 210 Mig with Spoolmate 3035
    Miller Thunderbolt XL 225/150 AC/DC Stick Welder
    Miller Specturm 625 Plasma Cutter
    Speedglas 9100 auto dark helmet
    Jackson auto dark helmet
    18.5 CFM Eagle Compressor
    Oxy/Act
    Horizontal Band Saw
    Dewalt 14" Chop Saw
    7 1/2 Dewalt Angle Grinder
    4 - 4 1/2" Sears Angle Grinders