Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I got Onan Engine w/Miller Welder

I'm not sure what kind of Miller welder tho. I'm pretty sure the engine is 1961 CCK S/735F Serial # 1C1C671311 either its C or 6 I think its C..

Default Aea????

may be an AEA... tough to tell by the pics.. can you post more pics??
    here is a link to the AEA Manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o410h_mil.pdf

hope this helps
    Heiti

So what's your question?

Just from your pictures, this looks to me like one of the old Cast Iron blocks, made before the early to mid '80's.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

i took a closer look it is an AEA-200L manual
    Serial # K209238

My question was where could I find parts for it when I need them?

I have an old Airco that has a similar Onan on it. The welder itself is larger than your's. Mine was bought new by me in about 1977 and still runs great. I have stored it inside and not abused it. It's a 225 AC/200 DC machine. (forerunner to the Bobcat) I think the one you picture is older since it looks to have the old oil bath air cleaner and a rope starter.
    Jim

how would I make this baby electric start if even possible? I doubt it but I figured I would ask first. Its a son of a gun to pull on hahaha

looks just about like my AEAD200LE. guess the E on the end might stand for electric start. go figure. mine i believe with out looking at the manual is a 1977-78 model and it has the 16 horse with electric start and our local miller dealer says he can still get all the parts for it. i haven't needed any parts for it except tune up and filters so i hope he's right. if no one else on here can answer your question on adding electric start i can pull the tarp tomorrow and see if i can snap some pics of the starter arrangement to see if yours will match up.
    miller 225 bobcat
    miller aead200le (with miller hf tig trailer mounted)
    mm175, mm211, TA181i
    mm252 w/30a spool gun
    precision tig 225
    hobart stickmate LX ac/dc
    Speedglas 9100X & XX / Miller Digital Elite
    hypertherm 380 & cutmaster 52
    victor journeyman & super range
    ridgid chop saw, kalamazoo band saw
    steel max and evolution carbide saws
    6 4.5" & a 20lb 9" rockwell grinders
    case 580 backhoe (for what i can"t lift)
    if first you don't succeed
    trash the b#####d

There is a member here named Onanparts.

His website: http://www.onanparts.com/
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Quote Originally Posted by jbmprods View Post
    looks just about like my AEAD200LE. guess the E on the end might stand for electric start. go figure. mine i believe with out looking at the manual is a 1977-78 model and it has the 16 horse with electric start and our local miller dealer says he can still get all the parts for it. i haven't needed any parts for it except tune up and filters so i hope he's right. if no one else on here can answer your question on adding electric start i can pull the tarp tomorrow and see if i can snap some pics of the starter arrangement to see if yours will match up.
    alright.. Thank You!

hey Charles, i took these pics this morning. don't know if they will help but maybe if you can find an shot old model you could pic up cheap and maybe salvage the parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    miller 225 bobcat
    miller aead200le (with miller hf tig trailer mounted)
    mm175, mm211, TA181i
    mm252 w/30a spool gun
    precision tig 225
    hobart stickmate LX ac/dc
    Speedglas 9100X & XX / Miller Digital Elite
    hypertherm 380 & cutmaster 52
    victor journeyman & super range
    ridgid chop saw, kalamazoo band saw
    steel max and evolution carbide saws
    6 4.5" & a 20lb 9" rockwell grinders
    case 580 backhoe (for what i can"t lift)
    if first you don't succeed
    trash the b#####d