Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brazing Surface

Default Brazing Surface

I picked up a roll around cart that was being scrapped at work thinking I would make a brazing table out of it.

My idea was to build an edge around the top and put firebrick inside for the surface.

Well firebrick has turned out to be hard to locate. With several uncles that make a living laying brick, I thought this would be easy to find. It seems that they use a metal fire box now days for fireplaces.

What surface would you use for this project?

Default Firebrick

Quick google search turned up this company that sells fire brick
    http://www.carolinaceramics.com/products/firebrick/
    I'm sure if you talked to a store that sells fireplaces and wood stoves they would also have a source of these firebrick as i'm sure there are a lot of older stoves that need them replaced occasionally
    Harold Mulder

Millermatic 211 MVP
    HTP Invertig 201 with water cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post

Well firebrick has turned out to be hard to locate.
    That's unusual. You can buy it by the pallet load out here in Phoenix. I lined the bottom of my cutting table, and chop saw stand with it.

Check out www.marvelmasonry.com

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

orscheln or tractor supply farm stores usually have them.

Miller Trailblazer 302
    Smith Torch Outfit
    Lots of Grinders
    Miller Elite Autodark Hood
    O'l Trusty Jackson

Your right. Tractor Supply has them. Thanks guys

I might get to do this project after all.