Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by buk View Post

http://dtsfab.com/index/index.php?topic=1829.0

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=35789

^^ this guy apparently fixed his problem..

im trying to contact the person i bought it from but i doubt ill get any help from him..

thanks..
    jay
    I tried to register with 'DTSFAB' but I couldn't finger out what the 'R' in FNR means. Meanwhile, I still have no amperage control. I'll read on.

Default NewBe - second post

I've had my EconoTIG since the late eighty's. Last month I lost amperage control just as described here previously. I guess it's the motherboard. I've read on another forum how someone made some changes to allow him to run the foot control by switching to stick and wiring the foot control pot in place of the stick amperage control pot on the front panel but now I can't find the link. I guess I can still TIG if I can figure out how to get the argon valve and the HF to switch on and off.

Any ideas?

-nhengineer
    I haven't heard of the switch you're talking about (changing the pot over for the foot control) but honestly I'm ready to get this thing out of the garage. I have an older econotwin(78?) that works great and doesn't use a board for controlling amperage(an old turn crank) and two of the later 80~90 models.

I am ready to spend the money on a new board and just sell two of the units on craigslist to get the space back. Prob not what you want to here but I'll post the websites of the place that sells old boards for cheaper than new ones (prob has a limited warrenty) and the guys that repair(not sure if the price will be the same still) when I get them.