Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Welding Tatoos?

Default Welding Tatoos?

Anyone have any welding tatoos? I am looking to get my first tatoo and want it to be welding related. Anybody have any and post some pics.

Default Welding tatoo

[LEFT]As with anything regarding the art world, your choice of picture, painting, colors, etc. are a personal preference. I would suggest looking at parlors in your area and if available to custom work done by the artists there. Choose an artist you like and discuss any and all ideas you have for what would make a real stand out welding tatoo, picture, painting, it's all art and you in this case have a real choice in the subject matter. There's allot of pictures in Microsoft Office when you insert on a document, you migt look there for some ideas. I've never seen a welder tatto, welder's tatoo so it's in my opionion going to be you and the artist putting together something one of a kind and personal. Just a suggestion. Good luck, and hope you'll paste in on the board when you get it done.
    Willy d.
    For God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son.:

Dude, just start doin 7018 overhead and you will get all the 'Weldin Tatts' you need, nice little white spots.........I can say this, I have read,, 50% of folks who get one will get another Tat, I have 10 or so, but then again, I have 6 or 7 weldin machines...many 1900 tats were work related, to show what your trade was, I will post tat pics later, hope this will help, Paul
    More Spark Today Please

I have an idea. How about a tattoo of your skin split and it welded with metal? I think that would be neat looking. Just a thought...
    They don't call me Lucky for nothin'.

I also am a welding instructor PT so I was thinking of something to do with a tig torch creating an arc on a bright red apple.

Default tattoo's

If you want a really neat looking spider web design on your hand just let a 4 1/2" grinder with a wire cup brush get loose from ya, it's not as permanent as a real tattoo though, it will start to fade away after about five years or so. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    If you want a really neat looking spider web design on your hand just let a 4 1/2" grinder with a wire cup brush get loose from ya, it's not as permanent as a real tattoo though, it will start to fade away after about five years or so. Dave
    I had a 7" grinder with a cup brush get caught up in my shirt, hurt like ****. I couldn't cry there were to many people around
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

I don't mean to sound rude but if you don't have anything good relating to the topic don't say it. Lets stick to some real ideas, thanks.

Well, if your name starts with a T, you could spell your name starting with a tig tourch. Or maybe write you name or other prefered phrase with a weld bead. For example, an aluminum mig bead has very distinct ripples... If that doesn't seem right, the shower sparks from an arc can be very cool, especially as a background to another object in the foreground. I don't have any pictures of this stuff, just kinda thinking alloud.

I do have many of the welding "tatoos" that the other guys mentioned though. The wind here in Colorado can be very bad for blowing slag and other glowing embers right down your collar! The one weakness of my leather jacket....and it finds it every time!

Yeah I definately thought of getting something written in aluminum bead appearance.

I am having trouble finding good examples of welds. I guess I could take some pics of my own work, it would be easier to see some pics from the internet.