MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Going to be hard to beat those deals, even material cost will be close to what you can hook on and go today for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    I would tend to think there are used ones floating around for a fraction of the price? Look on ebay?
    It's true that there are a lot of concession trailers listed on ebay. I have a standing search the alerts me each day for new listings of concession trailers. So far none have been quite right. Actually, one was pretty close to what I would want (good floor plan), and it was only a few miles away, but (long story) I didn't see it until the auction was closed. It's a pity because it sold at a rather low price too.

I also regularly look at Craigslist and other local classified ads. Sometimes concession trailers show up there, and I have looked at three so far, but they either weren't suitable or ended up being sold before I could make an offer.

One of the special requirements of my setup is that I have a very large and heavy condenser unit that will need to be roof-mounted. Another thing is that most used trailers would have to be at least partial gutted and rebuilt in order to get the floor plan right. All that remodeling will take a lot of work and cost some money as well.

Building would likely take even more work, but at least I could customize the floor plan to the best fit for my purpose.

Still, looking for a used one is an excellent idea, and I think it might be slightly less expensive to buy a used one than to build one myself from scratch, provided I could find the right unit to start with.

All the doors. latches, all that stuff is super time consuming to build, modifying starting with a basic unit would be so much faster, there just isn't room to save a lot in this deal.
    I have built trailers over the years, only way I do it now is if its something special. They are so competitive its tuff to buy the materials for what you can buy one for.

Quote Originally Posted by con_fuse9 View Post
    Just one request from a future customer, make the awnings 7' high minimum. Curbs are about 6". When you pull up on the curb with a 6.5' awning, anyone over 6' needs to duck to order etc.

From someone that used to work in kitchen - the ultimate goal is a floor that you can pretty much hose out when it gets too dirty.

Good ideas, both of them.

Following up on one of your comments, if the unit were made of painted steel would it be easy to clean by the hose method and some long handled brooms and brushes? It seems to me that this would get the big stuff, and the rest could be touched up by hand.

Regarding floor plan, if the dipping cabinet for the frozen custard were placed behind the person at the serving counter, how much space would be needed for convenient operation? Do you think that 2' 4" would be squeezed too tight?

You can Layout the Floor plan ergonomics with Cardboard boxes before you start the build
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I just saw this trailer on Craigslist. Might give you some ideas.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/1632438457.html