Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Cold Galvanized Paint and Chem Prep Source

I need a source for buying 1 gal of bright cold galvanizing paint and 5 gallon pail of some type of chemical prep (acid solution). I found this bright cold galvanized paint at American Fence but it only comes in spray cans. I'm in the process of building a cattle corral that I need to prep and paint. I like the bright cold galv paint because it matches the galvanized cattle panels I'm welding on. Other types of cold gavl I've tried come out a dull gray and look like primer.

I'm going to call the paint manufacturer and see what dealers they have locally, but thought you guys might have been through this before and have some tips for me.

While I know what type of paint I'm after, I'm wide open to any ideas about the chemical prep. Even though I have a large sandblasting rig and compressor, I want don't want to go that route with this project.
    Millermatic 35
    Miller TB302G
    Ellis 1800
    Smith & Victor Torches
    Optrel Satellite
    Arcair K4000
    Ingersoll-Rand 175CFM Diesel Air Compressor
    Home Made Welding Trailer

Gary Ive seen painters use white vinegar to prep galvanized sheetmetal before painting.
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on my experiences in my little bitty world.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.