Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shop Press

Default Shop Press

This is a project I started 8 to 10 years ago and have not been in a hurry to finish. I got it together enough to use and kind of left it there for a while. I finished up the rest of it this weekend. It's built out of scrap parts, when I started it there was a big welding contractor behind my station, and one of the guys there stopped by all the time and drank coffee with us. He would bring me pieces of drop from their big jobs and this is what I built it out of.
    Press back.jpg

Press Front.jpg
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Cool

Nice job. I too started one at least 13 years ago that i will finish soon...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Hey that looks great man! I have seen a few of these homegrown press's on here lately.How are you attaching your jack to the top of your press?

It just sits in a cradle, the springs hold it up. The two holes on the uprights are so I can put two pins in it and take the jack out for other uses.

Your press looks great man. If you don't mind my asking, what is the square tube and lock bolt on each side for?

Nice Work

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Quote Originally Posted by tom37 View Post
    Your press looks great man. If you don't mind my asking, what is the square tube and lock bolt on each side for?

Nice Work
    I as wondering the same thing
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

Sweet press. How did you gear the Yamaha out board to run the hydraulics???HA
    Miller TrailBlazer 251NT
    Miller HF-250-1
    Miller Maxstar 150slt
    Miller ft peddles and thumb wheels
    Miller MM 212
    Lincoln power mig180c (two of)
    MM 252
    Miller Elite Dig
    Miller Pro-Hobby

The square tubes on each side are for tool storage. I don't have a lot of space in my shop so I don't mount anything on the bench. I will make another thread showing them. I have these mounts on the welding table, press, work bench and it fits the truck.
    Bench Mounts.jpg

That looks good I have been thinking that I need to make one