Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Outside welding table

I was in the steel supplier a few weeks ago and found this cut piece of pllate that would make a perfect table for me so I got it. I was going to call this post portable welding table, but at a little over 300# I didn't think that very portable. The idea behind this table is that I have a small shop with lots of tools crammed in it and don't want grinding grit all over everything. That meant I needed a welding table/ work area outside, but welding tables don't do well were they get wet. welding table 1.jpg

welding table 2.jpg

welding table 3.jpg

welding table 4.jpg
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Default Weding table cont.

The result was this table, it has retractable pneumatic wheels that come completely off the ground when retracted. This is so it can go through grass as I don't like grinding on the driveway were it leaves rust stains after a rain. It is rather easy to move by myself and is rather solid in stance.weld t wheel down.jpg

weld t wheel up.jpg

welding table 5.jpg

welding table 6.jpg

welding table 7.jpg

Nice job, clean & well thought out with the pneumatic wheels - I like it.

Very nice work, I agree with the nice and clean design. This is what is so great about the forum, so many different ideas is a great way to inspire a person.

Thank You for sharing.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

I like it, well thought out. As I'm looking the only thing I might change is a fender or spark deflector for the wheels.I like making a mess. I might have to do something like that.
    How hard is it to drop the wheels?

Diverdude!

Excellent concept and execution!

Please post up some photos of the wheels lowered into place and how it sets up to move.

Thank you for sharing!

Good idea and well done.
    I see on some pictures that you keep the guards on your grinders very rare to see these days.
    I guess some people dont understand the benefits of keeping the guards on grinders.
    Again nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by wrench3047 View Post
    I like it, well thought out. As I'm looking the only thing I might change is a fender or spark deflector for the wheels.I like making a mess. I might have to do something like that.
    How hard is it to drop the wheels?
    I might not have a good angle on the picture, nut the wheels are completely under the lower frame and the piece of sheet on the lower shelf is the guard. No splatter can land on the tires, it can only hit them from the sides at angles that should fall off without affecting the tires. On the landing gear, the springs make it were I can lift that end of the table and push the axle with my foot and it will lock itself in, to release it, I lift and step on the locking tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
    Diverdude!

Excellent concept and execution!

Please post up some photos of the wheels lowered into place and how it sets up to move.

Thank you for sharing!
    See if these work, the table is up on 4 x 4's. the first is the wheels up, the second is the wheels down and in the third you will see the piec of blue tape is were I push to put the wheels down and the yellow tape is were I push to release them. Hope that shows it well.
    wt wh up.jpg

wt wh dw.jpg

wt wh lock.jpg

I like it,very functional. What is the piece of angle on the end for?