Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: welding shop

I have not heard anything good about the Chinese made units sold on Ebay.
    You may have to get a seperate plasma cutter.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Default Mig

Quote Originally Posted by migman69 View Post
    well i can understand and apreciate what your saying from a business standpoint i just want some advice
    Were trying!!!!!!!!!theres alot,,not just a sign hanging out side,,and then the nitro glycerene pills,when the ins bill comes!!!!!!!!!!!

Again,might sound stupid,and one around you retiring,,going out of buisness,,doesnt cost any thing to look!!!!!! Just keep plugging away,,and you never know!????????????????????

i knwo what you are saying storts its just that i dodnt want two or three machines cluttering up my garage which is low on space as it is but i will consider seperate machines.

Default Mig

Just my opion,,your first post,,8 pages ago,You said you wanted to do this as a living,,All im saying is your talent can be over looked,if it looks like sanford and sons!!!!!!!,You will learn,some,Not all ,but engineers can be strange birds,,and look at the dumbest things that has nothin to do with your buisness,,its not like it was 20 years ago!!!ell not in the north east anyways,,and reading enough forums,you can see the economy,no matter what our Pres says!!!!!!!hes Pumping oil all day,when hes in the big house!So,hes not worried about health care costs,(Yes I voted for him) and our poor kids getting mangled over a stupid war,hes not loosing any sleep,

You have to be the best you can be,,and always have a soap stone in your pockets,Custs,engineers,plant supers,love to dwg pics!!!!!and its Part of your gear!

Keep pluggin ,you got 8 great pages of knowledge,,so start knockin on doors,,fliers,what ever it takes to get your name out there,, personally like the good sized hanging calanders,where you can write in the box,Every time they make a note,there staring at YOU!!!!!!!Again,Good Luck!,Jack:

ok i will be doing this for a living but with a company for a while first until i get some experience im looking for a good welder for the house garage to play around with thats all im saying when i go out on my own yes ill need all the equipment and space but for now i just need a good welder for the house.

anyone got a suggestions for a welding mahine for home use i have 5 220 circuits in my house and can have a plug easily put in for a welde but do any welders run on 220 volts

Default Mig

Your good ones all do!!,,Im not crazy about the 110 units,But for light guage,or a small tack job,,Then i guess they have there place

Persosonally sounds like you are going to being doing alot of practicing!!!!!!!!!!!!Idd go with the 220,Jack

so i do not need three phase power for a good welder, i can go with 220 single phase,

i was thinking a millermatic or a shopmate for my mig welder which one is better?

Tyler,

Lots (most) high end welders are 220V single phase compliant, though they do run better on 480V 3-phase due to the decreased amperage draw. This shouldn't be an issue for you in your aplication, I've ran a Invertec V350 Pro at 450amps while Air Arc-ing on 220V single phase plug in, so you'll be just fine. As a suggestion, when you wire in your NEMA 6 plug, make sure to put in a 50 amp circuit breaker.

Now, before recommending a machine, could you elaborate on your projected application & usage in the immediate future. There is no point in recommending a welder that will not meet your needs. Also plan a little for the future so you are purchasing a machine with some room to grow.

Do you want strictly a wire feed welder?
    Multi process welder?
    What welding processes are most important to you?
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.