Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: welding shop

well i finally figured out why we could not get that al to weld right the stinger was messed up we took out the old tip and put a new tip in it worked like a charm

Well dangt if class wasnt cancelled again today cause of the weather lol thats 2 days in the last week or so, oh well what can u do.

Quote Originally Posted by migman69 View Post
    Well dangt if class wasnt cancelled again today cause of the weather lol thats 2 days in the last week or so, oh well what can u do.

Move to a warmer climate
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

lol never thought of that

Default moving metal

does anyone have a good idea as to how to move metal around. I have a fairly smallish yard thats next to the road so any truck that would be delivering the metal would be able to pull right up next to the yard only problem is theres a hill nopt to steep but a hill none the less. and i would need to get the metal from the truck to my shop entrance which is at the back of the house, i had considerd buying a used towmotor but that wont work cause i have all grass to travel through, any ideas to dang bad 4 wheel drive towmotors are so danged big. if any one has an idea please let m know.

build a traiklor to haul it behind your riding mower, or quad.
    nice set of big quad tires to keep the grass safe.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

that would work but i dont have anything to pull a trailer with and i was kinda hopeing for something that would be able to lift things if needed too. I was thinking about a used skidsteer or something small manuverable, but can lift stuff on pallets with a fork attachment, but at the same time i want to keep costs down also. It would be a shame to buy a bobcat even used and just use it to move metal once in a while. Although if i build a cart i could get a cheap quad from TSC to haul it that may be the cheapest route what do you guys think?

Default first mig welds

i dont have any picture of my stick welding yet but here are some pics of my first gmaw welds. well shoot i have to figure out how to make the pics smaller once i do ill post them

Lightbulb

may well be cheaper to hit TSC for a quad and go from there. i suspect once you have it you will find many uses for it.

as for smaller pic'c. if you have win.XP there is an Image Resizer for free download from microsoft. works great, easy and fast to download .
    here
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

If you go with a skid steer, you are going to be tearing up the yard when you turn that thing. A quad might be your best bet or an old small farm tractor, then build a set of forks for the front that you can mount to the bucket. If you live in an area where there is snow, the tractor could serve double duty in snow removal, good money in that when your not welding.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC