Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: welding shop

as for the power i figured you had 240V power, its the Amp's that kill ya. i had to go inverter as 30Amp breaker was the best i could hope for and that was pushing it. no syncro 200 for me.but my TA-185 is doing great on what i have to offer,so i'm happy.

you should take a look at what size breakers/panel you have to work with when shopping for welder. don't want to spend your hole budget on welders only to find out its going to be another $2,000.oo to get the needed power to feed them. that could be a real bummer.
    if i had just jumped on the syncro when i had the $$ i would have a brand new 300# paper wait, nice looking one but still...

i think a 252 is going to handle about any trailer your friends can throw at ya if they have heavy equipment. if they just have bike trailers and utility stuff the 212 will cover it. if not you can always throw a stick in the TIG/Stick welder. 8^))
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

What questions are you wanting answers to? You have asked alot of questions. The inteligient ones got good answers, but you seem to ignore them.
    What do you really want to know?
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

im paying attention to all the answers, just needing some guidence on good all around home equipment and if anyone has any tips or hints to help me in school

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    as for the power i figured you had 240V power, its the Amp's that kill ya. i had to go inverter as 30Amp breaker was the best i could hope for and that was pushing it. no syncro 200 for me.but my TA-185 is doing great on what i have to offer,so i'm happy.

you should take a look at what size breakers/panel you have to work with when shopping for welder. don't want to spend your hole budget on welders only to find out its going to be another $2,000.oo to get the needed power to feed them. that could be a real bummer.
    if i had just jumped on the syncro when i had the $$ i would have a brand new 300# paper wait, nice looking one but still...

i think a 252 is going to handle about any trailer your friends can throw at ya if they have heavy equipment. if they just have bike trailers and utility stuff the 212 will cover it. if not you can always throw a stick in the TIG/Stick welder. 8^))
    thats when you cant mig it stick it i guess lol

well i went today to pick up my text books wow there thick and heavey and expensive lol. my text book is called modern welding.

boy the blueprint stuff is confusing i havent even looked at a print in like 5 years lol, i will probably be asking alot of questions once my classes start

so i have a problem i ran into last night id like some advice on. My buddy was trying to tig some 1/2 inch diamond plate aluminum to some thinner aluminum i guess about 1/4 inch well he was tiging it and we could not get it to weld, the heat was on maximum, and the weld puddle just wanted to ball up and not take. has anyone run into this problem

i had that problem with some thiner diamond plate i used a wile back. first question is was it cut with plasma ?? that can make for big problems. you have to use a flap disk and take it back about 1/8"-or more depending.
    could also be anodized so give it a good wire brushing, but plasma cutting could be the problem.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Not to sure how it was cut but it looked cut pretty cleanly i think maybe on a bandsaw. But the metal was not perfectly clean though but our boss said the heat would burn through the dirt but im telling you the weld just balled up and wouldnt even take and what did take dang sure wasnt pretty.

What amps? Sounds cold, 1/2" is pretty thick.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw