Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: welding shop

well thats good to know i certainly dont want to cause a fire hazerd from electricity.

does anyone like the xmt series, or the shopmate series? how about the maxstars.

hello does anyone have an opinion on what a good welder for home use would be . ill be looking at mig and tig welders, and maybe a cheap stick welder also.

If you had a Dynasty 200DX you would cover both tig and stick. If you got yourself a HH210 or a Passport Plus then you would be covered in the shop or a friends house
    If you chose to go bigger, any of those welders would sell on e-bay in record time.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

i was thinking for mig the millermatic 350 or 350p. and tig probaly the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.

well got my tillman black onyx hacket yesterday and i love it, i also start welding school on the 14th of this month anytip and suggestions for passing the cert tests.

Default Good luck

Best of luck to you in school.
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

well thanks trigger, does anyone else have any hints and tips

Question

migman69
    i was thinking for mig the millermatic 350 or 350p. and tig probably the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.

am i missing some thing ??
    does anyone have an opinion on what a good welder for home use would be . ill be looking at mig and tig welders, and maybe a cheap stick welder also

just doesn't add up ?? the 350 or 350P is very big for home use. and why would you prefer a syncro over the Dyn ??tig probably the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.
    do you have the power to run a syncrowave ?? i think a Dyn200DX and a MM212 or 252 would be plenty for almost any home shop. the MM212 being first choice as the 252 is probably over kill here also. then maybe add a spec.375 if you want some cutting fun. now thats a great home shop, all for about the same $$ as a MM350P.

what are you planing to do at home ??? i have a MM135, in the last 7 or 8 years its coverd all my home needs except aluminum, got a TIG for that. the only reason i think going to a MM210 is needed is i want to start taking in some outside work if i can now that i finally have TIG as an option.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default i agree

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    migman69
    i was thinking for mig the millermatic 350 or 350p. and tig probably the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.

am i missing some thing ??
    does anyone have an opinion on what a good welder for home use would be . ill be looking at mig and tig welders, and maybe a cheap stick welder also

just doesn't add up ?? the 350 or 350P is very big for home use. and why would you prefer a syncro over the Dyn ??tig probably the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.
    do you have the power to run a syncrowave ?? i think a Dyn200DX and a MM212 or 252 would be plenty for almost any home shop. the MM212 being first choice as the 252 is probably over kill here also. then maybe add a spec.375 if you want some cutting fun. now thats a great home shop, all for about the same $$ as a MM350P.

what are you planing to do at home ??? i have a MM135, in the last 7 or 8 years its coverd all my home needs except aluminum, got a TIG for that. the only reason i think going to a MM210 is needed is i want to start taking in some outside work if i can now that i finally have TIG as an option.

i agree with you the mm350p is a bit overkill but it is also definatly the only thing id ever need at home lol. I know alot of people with trailers and other stuff made out of kinda thick metal, i guess i just want to be able to handle whatever my friends throw at me, not to mention i want to do some side jobs at home, But if i can go with the mm212 or 252 and save some money i may just do that if it will handle the jobs i want it to do. And im not even sure what power the syncro requires to run, but i do have 220 power avalible.