Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Talking life leaf (art )

just wanted to share the life leaves i been making. took the time to take a few pic's of the latest one.
    i send these to the people that sponsor trees. some of the people that have purchased some of my metal art wanted me to plant trees for them as i have the time and space they don't. i figure its a nice way to give them a daily reminder of there help to our lil planet.

although it looks wet it is dry, just a nice lacquer job ( on the 4th try)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I like your art. I am one of those that must have a drawing with dimensions to work from. I have friends that have tallent like you and I watch with envy when they make creative things like this. I would like to make a Praying Mantus for my front yard but have never found a drawing to work from.

Nice work
    Robert

Looks good .

Lightbulb

don't feel bad, i have lots of days where I'm the squeaky wheel without a clue. best thing to do is just get some pic's off the net and go for it a small part at a time. a Praying Mantus would be very cool and i suspect good fun to build as well. be shore to share lots of pic's with us.
    best advice i have is have fun.
    my devils hand started with 100+ little triangles.

for the leaves i just cut a shape and then took a planishing hammer to it to get the roll and bends. i have a hand held version i use against my welding table that makes making the bends possible.

just jump in and have at it.if its fun then it really dose not matter how it comes out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Very Cool!!!!!

Cool

thanks.............
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Nice work
    Jim

Thumbs up Nice work

I wish i was a quarter as artistically inclined. I can barely get a stick man to come out right. Keep up the good work it's inspiring.

Thumbs up

bear
    I wish i was a quarter as artistically inclined. I can barely get a stick man to come out right. Keep up the good work it's inspiring.

well don't give up, i have more days staring at the steel scratching my head, then i do inspired and working with it. i do much better if i have something to work from or toward.

JimYoung
    Nice work
    Jim

thanks, maybe some day i'll be 1/4 as good at it as you. but i'll keep at it just the same.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES