Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Custom Jetski Stands

I'm building these jetski stands. 2" (1/8 wall) angle & square tubing, pneumatic casters which are ideal for travel over uneven surfaces & swivel hinged bunks which will conform to any hull design.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More build pics

looks good man.. are you located in boston proper?
    American By Birth, Union by Choice!

4th generation Pipefitters LU 537

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood
    Miller Elite Titanium 9400 Hood

Thumbs up Looks good

I like it, nice, clean, and painted. I know nothing about watercraft but I'm sure they are more than stout enough to handle the load. Just curious, is that your own design or did you improve on something already available?

Those are some good looking welds. What kind of machine do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc537 View Post
    looks good man.. are you located in boston proper?
    Thanks brother. I'm in Quincy.

Pipefitters LU537 member also.
    Last edited by Petron; 02-25-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I like it, nice, clean, and painted. I know nothing about watercraft but I'm sure they are more than stout enough to handle the load. Just curious, is that your own design or did you improve on something already available?
    Earlier models, 1996-2000 can weigh anywhere in the range of 400-600lbs. The newer models weigh upward of 850lbs.

I belong to a jetski forum & quite a few members have purchased my stands and they're placing all model jetskis on it with no problems. The pneumatic casters have been very popular, gone are the days of pushing our skis & getting nowhere, these casters make it almost 4WD

Yes, it's my design, I got sick of the standard design that doesn't allow any comfort when working on the hull or you cannot push the jetski with casters similar to that of my sons Thomas the Train toys.

When fabricating my stands having short off-cut pieces that end up being too short for the next stand is inevitable.

So what to do with short off-cut pieces?

After speaking with my local jetski dealer who purchased a couple of my other stands we threw around some ideas & my other design was born.

These are a couple stands I'll be delivering sometime this week.

Height = 14"
    Width (caster to caster) = 24"
    Bunk to Bunk = Varies from 18"- 20"
    Length = 48"

Fabricated with my signature pneumatic casters.

Some build pics as well.

The stands look good. Do they come in different colors?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge