Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 83 Ford frankenstein

Hey, I have an 83 ford f-150 that i would like to restore in the future. It was my first truck i bought. It has been sitting a while now that i got my new truck. i would normally start it up every couple of days. but about 9 months ago i think someone tried to steal it and riped my whole sterring column up. When i bouth the truck the guy told me that the stering column was from a ford car, motor from a 66 fairline. My question is i was trying to figure out how to wire a switch from the wires on the column(cheap for now) but have had no luck. Is there any sites anyone has to help me figure out what wires i need to hook up to get this thing running agiain. I am not sure what year car it came out of and i am not a mechanic so not sure what i can do. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

You'll want a switch (ignition) and a button (starter). Any Chilton book will have a wiring diagram to explain what wire goes were.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/REB-150-3400/ here. Or you can go to a Radion Shack and get the switches. Make sure your starter switch is intermintant.