Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default May Pull The Trigger On Dynasty 200 DX

I have about 10 Hours with thiner aluminum on this machine the more I use it and learn the more I like It. I am serious about buying the water cooled version of the DX. I am very impressed with it, am I missing something, another product. I have a few Miller products I have had a great experience with them all them. I am open minded to all manufactures.

Your Thoughts ?
    Mountain Metal
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Coolmate 1
    Miller Trailblazer 302 W/ Kohler
    Miller Suitcase 12VS Wire feeder
    Weldcraft 26 TIG Torch
    Miller 210
    Spoolmate 3035
    Thermal Dynamics 51 Plasma
    Victor O/A
    Jet 7x12 L Cooled Band Saw
    Delta Drill Press
    Dewalt Chop

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Metal View Post
    I have about 10 Hours with thiner aluminum on this machine the more I use it and learn the more I like It. I am serious about buying the water cooled version of the DX. I am very impressed with it, am I missing something, another product. I have a few Miller products I have had a great experience with them all them. I am open minded to all manufactures.

Your Thoughts ?
    You can run air cooled then get a water cooler or even make one as you do not have to get a 200dx with a cooler as a package. Search here as other people have made water coolers with a hocon pump.
    T.J.
    Last edited by TJS; 02-22-2010 at 07:27 PM.
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Thermal Arc 200 ac/dc would be less money for the same thing.
    I have the ta300 ac/dc and it is great. I was looking for a 200a tig , but I'm glad I went for the 300a machine especially for alum. As once you get to 1/4" I use more than 200a

You don't "need" water cooled for less than 200a unless you are doing production. Having said that the WC torches are nice to use. Lighter.

I started with air cooled then made a coolr and upgraded
    a three gallon tank a rad and a pump. I never fitted my fan and probably won't as nothing gets hot without it. Reminds me must
    ake a cover for it sometime!

G

My Trailblazer is good to to 300 Amps with High Freq Box air cooled torch WP26 I hardly get into to amps above 200 with tig. I have a spool gun for alum above .200

This machine will be used for the thin stuff, I like the small water cooled torch for small Stainless and Aluminum. Mostly aluminum .032-.200 Stainless .032-.1875

I am comfortable with the inverter technology I would go with Lincoln, Thermal Arc however I would not go with any other. This machine will pay for itself in the first quarter of being on line. I always buy good equipment. Miller has always been great to deal with as far as service.

The Tigrunner package is cheaper than buying the the items on their own. I will by a micro water torch to have on hand. Reading the specs it looks like this package is well balanced together. Reliability is the biggest issue in my decision.

The portability is a real plus as well as the power flexibility.
    Mountain Metal
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Coolmate 1
    Miller Trailblazer 302 W/ Kohler
    Miller Suitcase 12VS Wire feeder
    Weldcraft 26 TIG Torch
    Miller 210
    Spoolmate 3035
    Thermal Dynamics 51 Plasma
    Victor O/A
    Jet 7x12 L Cooled Band Saw
    Delta Drill Press
    Dewalt Chop

"May pull the trigger on a Dynasty 200 DX"

Yeah, and.

If you've already used one for 10 hrs, what do you think some other poster is going to tell you that you shouldn't have already learned?

You buying or just talking?
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands