Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gnewby View Post
    You did a great job, I am curious as to how thick your blade material is. I just finished taking my old riding mower snow blade that was 42" long and extended it out into a 60" blade to put in front of my Chuck Wagon. I used 1/8" thick plate and heated it in order to bow it. Got it done but took a little while and some persuasion.
    Thanks - the blade face is made from 14GA....

Very nice job Willy. I fix a lot of blade set up in the winter where I work.
    One customer had a real nice set up with 3/16 UHMW bolted to the ribs to replace the steel blade. Helped with the weight at the front of his pickup.
    If you have any other projets to share, I'de like to see them.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Very nice job Willy. I fix a lot of blade set up in the winter where I work.
    One customer had a real nice set up with 3/16 UHMW bolted to the ribs to replace the steel blade. Helped with the weight at the front of his pickup.
    If you have any other projets to share, I'de like to see them.
    Thanks.
    Thanks for the reply - appreciate it I'll PM you some of my other projects....

Right on.

ya I have to agree with the people hear that looks good and should hold better then the store brand

Nice job willy.Very well built those ribs look 3/4"thick correct
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Willy, your build is incredible, great work my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by admweld View Post
    Nice job willy.Very well built those ribs look 3/4"thick correct
    They are 3/4" wide, made from boxed in 1/8". It's kind of hard to tell but the first picture shows one of them starting out. Not as strong as 3/4" thick but a lot less weight Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Petron View Post
    Willy, your build is incredible, great work my friend.
    Thank you very much - appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Thanks for the reply - appreciate it I'll PM you some of my other projects....
    why not show your other projects here? we love to see them.....