Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Polaris Ranger Snowplow Build

Just got done with this last weekend for a guy. Thought everyone might like to see some pictures.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Plow pics # 2

Here's some more....

Default Plow Pics #3

last ones...

Default Nice just made mine....

I dont think my atv could have lifted that one! That is built HD, curious to where you got the rotater for the blade? How much and how strong is it?
    Thanks
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

The guy I built it for got the rotator off of eBay - about $400 shipped. I think you can probably find them cheaper. So far it seems to be holding up very well as we've had a bunch of snow. He's been pretty much plowing snow for all of his neighbors since I got it done so it's seen a lot of use already. I think my only concern with it is the size of the battery in the ranger. He may need to eventually get a bigger one or add a second.....

Default Battery Thought that might be a probelm....

I wondered how much the battery would hold. I have considered using an air cylinder and a tank. Simply charge the tank go plow and return. I use my atv near my house, I already have a plow on my truck. How much did the blade weight after you were completed?
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck