Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default GO kart material

I plan to build a go build a go kart using a kohler K series engine for a cub cadet 128. If anyone know anything about seting up these enginges please PM me because I need help setting this engine up. What material would you recomend to build he frame? I want to use square tube because it would be easier to work with (no notching). I was thinking 1.5" X 1.5" with a 1/8" wall. Will this work or am I over enginering again? The kart will be driven heavily off road.
    This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk

Cool

I would go with the 1 1/2" sq esp for a little off road. I do lots of repair's on the kids in my neighborhood go kart and its small round tube and takes a beating but doesn't hold up well...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

A site you may be interested in:

www.diygokarts.com

A whole LOT of DIY karts and minibikes over there, plus engine tips, frame construction, and so on.

I am a member of that forum. Alot of the thing I will be doing to this go kart will be rather unique and I doubt there is much help to be found, I will be making what I have work. An example of this is removing the initial gear reduction from the transaxel of the cub cadet 128.
    This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk