Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The more people I meet in this life, the more I find that a piece of equipment can usually carry on a much more intelligent conversation It doesn't lie, cheat, stab you in the back, or steal from the company. All it cares about is getting the job done and a good drink of cool, clean diesel.
    Bobcat 250, MM 210, Syncrowave 180, Spectrum 375
    Cat 242B Skid Steer, Challenger (Cat/Agco) MT275
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SkidSteerSteve View Post
    The more people I meet in this life, the more I find that a piece of equipment can usually carry on a much more intelligent conversation It doesn't lie, cheat, stab you in the back, or steal from the company. All it cares about is getting the job done and a good drink of cool, clean diesel.
    I wish my tools gave a dam about that!

Wink

Never been caught talking to anything ,but I did get caught physically abusing a pin out of a man lift arm with a 10 lb. hammer that turned into torcher by a victor wrench. After a cooling off period were back together again giving me the lift I need.

I always believed it was OK to talk to your work or to yourself but it is really embarrassing to loose an argument!
    Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Welder View Post
    I always believed it was OK to talk to your work or to yourself but it is really embarrassing to loose an argument!
    I lose arguments with my work all the time, but I've yet to find anything that will talk back to porta powers, torches, 150 ton cranes, and various other forms of mechanicle mussle.

i hum tunes to the note my plasma cutter makes. so whatever that note is...i guess that is the key i sing to my work in..

Originally posted by Anti-GMAW
    I lose arguments with my work all the time, but I've yet to find anything that will talk back to porta powers, torches, 150 ton cranes, and various other forms of mechanicle mussle.
    I agree, a big beater or come-along is a good way to put an end to an unruly workpiece. About 4 years ago we were taking the psyhco test for working in the nukes. One guy wore a tee shirt that said "The voices may not be real but sometimes they have good ideas!" Real popular that day!
    Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Welder View Post
    Originally posted by Anti-GMAW I agree, a big beater or come-along is a good way to put an end to an unruly workpiece. About 4 years ago we were taking the psyhco test for working in the nukes. One guy wore a tee shirt that said "The voices may not be real but sometimes they have good ideas!" Real popular that day!
    LMAO!! I wish I could have seen that.

I talk to my work and my machine all the time. The guys in ag with me all think i'm crazy. some of them have even learned a few new words from being around me. They have also learned to get back when i call something a stubborn SOB and pull out the big hammer or the torch cause the end result usually ain't pretty.

Default re talking to work?

I have to agree with Monte on this one,Sure i may hum a tune while im under my mask but i am usually too focused on what im doing to let my mind wander.when 95% of the welding you do is x rayed then youll know what im talking about.(i would suggest a better respirator or maybe ventilate your work area better lol till then take care