Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Categories

In generally looking at the responses, I'm seeing either "keep it the way it is" or "too many categories, pare it down".

If you'd like to see fewer categories, which ones would you keep? How would you name/combine them?

The categories are meant to help you find information more quickly. The intention is to make the categories broad enough so that it doesn't disrupt the flow of discussion/community.

Technically, we do have two "categories" already: Projects and Motorsports. (they're just in two separate boards) Since we are making structural changes by merging the boards, the time to adjust categories (if that is what we decide to do) is now, which is why we've proposed revised/new categories. If you haven't already given feedback, please do so. The more specific the better. Thank you!

As long as there is a way to browse through all the new posts without clicking in each category. I check this site & ask Andy almost daily & look at the new posts. It's simple & if you want to find something use the search feature. No need to break it up into many categories.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

I would prefer it left the way it is.

i like it just the way it is. like others said it gets confusing on where to look for answers and what category to post in

I prefer the weldingweb and new Hobart forums to this one and that's why I spend more time there. But I do come here for Dynasty and Passport info.

I like multiple categories in one main site.
    I don't like turning pages: make it 50 posts per page.
    The changing ads on the side are a distraction.

Don't be afraid to make changes; these old guys resist change but they'll come around in a week or two after they've forgotten the old setup.

Default If it ain't broke...

Here is a thought: In private industry the general rule of thumb is "if it ain't broke, leave it alone". However, the Government goes by this philosophy: "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is".

Please, leave it alone..

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

I think part of this may be getting overlooked, with the "new posts" feature things will be exactly as they are now, so I guess in my eyes they would be giving the best of both worlds, your choice!

Smile

I also like it the way it is. why not make the categorizing an option in the user cp menu?
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

It doesn't matter to me, as long as the New Posts button is still there.

Default Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback regarding our message boards.

There are no plans to create categories beyond the handful we've proposed, and based on your responses, we may decide to reduce the number of categories we have proposed further. A few new ideas have come to light as well, so stay tuned!

We do have plans to merge the two forums into one so there is only one sign in. Those who wish to stay posting within their respective forum can still do that. We will have at least two categories, one for projects and one for Motorsports (possibly renamed GearHeads). We will let you know more when we do!

If you have more to add, please feel free to continue posting responses, we will continue to check back.

Thanks much!