A couple years ago, I had a job offer to make several thousand various size brackets for a fellow & a lot of future work. I did some web searching & found this Handi-Bend on one of the shop sites. You can see the price as it was then. Their unit could handle up to 10"W material. I didn't need anything that large, so I designed & fabbed mine to take up to 4" W material. I got into the residual cutoff pieces box & started digging for the material I needed. Yup....found it all. This project needs a lathe & mill, so if you don't have one, you'll have to find someone to trade some services for. The only parts I bought were the return springs. I have a couple projects I will post to show how useful this unit is & the ease to bend up to 1/4". Here's some pics.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: PROJECT: Saving Some Money...
02-13-2010, 05:41 PM #1
PROJECT: Saving Some Money...
02-13-2010, 08:08 PM #2
That looks similar to the unit Nick (Monte) made.
02-13-2010, 09:08 PM #3
Nice work Denny,
I like the design, I only wish I had a mill. But I don't so I am looking at everything I can find and going to try to take the best of each and get one made with out a mill.
Denny, off the top of your head, whats the thickest you have bent so far?
Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
Clarke 180 EN Just in case
Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.
Projects and Misc Albums
http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )
02-13-2010, 10:24 PM #4Junior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
i made one of these after a guy posted a sticky on how to build one on yellowbullet...very handy and can be made for cheap especially if you have access to a lathe and mill...i have peanuts into mine...