Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default PROJECT: Saving Some Money...

Hey guys,
    A couple years ago, I had a job offer to make several thousand various size brackets for a fellow & a lot of future work. I did some web searching & found this Handi-Bend on one of the shop sites. You can see the price as it was then. Their unit could handle up to 10"W material. I didn't need anything that large, so I designed & fabbed mine to take up to 4" W material. I got into the residual cutoff pieces box & started digging for the material I needed. Yup....found it all. This project needs a lathe & mill, so if you don't have one, you'll have to find someone to trade some services for. The only parts I bought were the return springs. I have a couple projects I will post to show how useful this unit is & the ease to bend up to 1/4". Here's some pics.

Denny
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks similar to the unit Nick (Monte) made.
    Nick

Nice work Denny,

I like the design, I only wish I had a mill. But I don't so I am looking at everything I can find and going to try to take the best of each and get one made with out a mill.

Denny, off the top of your head, whats the thickest you have bent so far?

Tom

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

i made one of these after a guy posted a sticky on how to build one on yellowbullet...very handy and can be made for cheap especially if you have access to a lathe and mill...i have peanuts into mine...