Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile snycrowave 250

Hey Ed, I thought I would get in on this post.
    I have a 250 as well and had the same prob with it and after looking at the repair manuals then went threw everything machine,torch leads, power source, the hole nine yards to find out it was the modual were the contact points go was fryed and the points also. On mine it would some what still weld but you had to touch the tungsten to the part to get it to strick an arc then you could weld for a while then it finally not working at all, so just for the futrue keep this in mind if your prob gets worse or happens agian. Also it helps to learn your own equipment as much as possibale for repairs and to get it fix when no body is around.

If you are talking about the spark gaps i checked those and everything was ok, i figured it had something to do with the torch because of the tick i felt, i'm thinking i had a damaged wire in the tube and the tick was caused from the wire popping when i put it under load. When i get time i'm planning on stripping the tube on the bad torch to see if i can find a wire problem. Since this problem i've been reading as much as i can about the machine, for a while i was afraid it might be something expensive, i'm very happy to find it was only a $100 repair, the old one was in pretty shabby condition anyway. Thanks for the response and the tips