Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

If I had a thousand to do I think I could learn to be pretty proficient,, ha but I wouldn't want to add the extra weld and cleanup of using the pre-made. If I was Harv I dont think I would lose sleep over the competition if they cant figure that much out,, hahahaha Probably takes them about 3 passes each joint too, a root and a couple cover passes.

Default New fence

Thank you for the tip and it will serve me one day. But tell me, you install a new fence to replace the existing one, or your neighbor did not want to share with you the cost of a new fence?

Ricau
    XMT 304 cc/cv 208/480 volts
    Lincoln wire feeder LN-25 w/Contactor and Gas Solenoid, w/magnum 400 and 200 gun's (12 ft)
    Spoolmatic 30a w/Flex Head tube 10'' XRA
    Flexible Head Tig Torch w/Gas Valve (25 ft)
    Foot Control RFCS-14HD
    Side-to-side rotary-motion fingertip Current Control
    Miller process Selector Control w/external solenoid valve
    Stainless steel welding cart
    Makita LC1230 Dry cut saw

www.ricau.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ricau View Post
    Thank you for the tip and it will serve me one day. But tell me, you install a new fence to replace the existing one, or your neighbor did not want to share with you the cost of a new fence?

Ricau
    I build fences for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    If I had a thousand to do I think I could learn to be pretty proficient,, ha but I wouldn't want to add the extra weld and cleanup of using the pre-made. If I was Harv I dont think I would lose sleep over the competition if they cant figure that much out,, hahahaha Probably takes them about 3 passes each joint too, a root and a couple cover passes.
    This is for welding up stuff like pipe fence. It's all single pass and run. I don't think I've seen anyone trying to make pressure joints on pipe fence. In fact most of the time you see sixty percent passes, the easy sixty percent is welded, top, sides. I weld 360 degrees because of a pride thing. But in that type of work that's the exception, not the norm.

Of course with the notched piece joints even Ray Charles could weld up three hundred and sixty degrees, even in the dark.