Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Home Shop Built T-Post Puller

Home Shop Built T-Post Puller

IM sure some of you have already built on of these before
    I ended up needing a t-post puller on a fencing job and land owner said it would not work
    Thinking it was one of those flimsy store bought that end up bending or breaking after a few t-post
    Made this out of some old thick wall SQ tubing I had setting around after pulling 56 t- post with he decided he wanted it so I told him I would make him one and so I was thinking maybe I could sell a couple well so I advertised them and now have quite a few
    Of them Sold. Any way thought I would share this simple idea with anyone who wants to make one best to use 1-1/2square tubing, 3 flat strap 6 in length, 4 flat strap 4x4 and 1-1/2 flat strap 6 in length all In 3/16ths thick mild steel.

Right now I am working on a 3 point attachment for my ford 8N tractor that will help one person doing it alone pull larger wood post I think will work well in our general sandy loam area.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CrazyHorse!; 02-08-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: forgot to ad the pic's LOL!

Looks good.

My old friend uses his high lift jack.
    He also uses it to pull up utility poles.
    Millermatic 211 AutoSet w/MVP
    Century 110 volt 90/110 MIG-Gone to my son, in Texas
    Victor SuperRange OA
    Milwaukee Cold Cut Saw
    Milwaukee Portable Deep Cut Bandsaw
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg
    Jet Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
    Jet MD-18 Mill Drill
    Orbit Drill Press
    12 Ton Floor Press
    2002 E-350 V-10:
    1983 F-150 4.9L 6
    2004 Honda ST1300
    2007 Suzuki LTA400F Quad
    1997 Suzuki DR650

I built one just a week ago. I've been using a chain on the end of it until I can get the hook piece made. can you give me the dimensions for that part that hooks the post? I have a picture of one that is a little heavier than yours but I don't want to make it any heavier than need be.
    Thanks

Default Hope this will give you an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I built one just a week ago. I've been using a chain on the end of it until I can get the hook piece made. can you give me the dimensions for that part that hooks the post? I have a picture of one that is a little heavier than yours but I don't want to make it any heavier than need be.
    Thanks
    Hi Bill hope this will help

What the heck is a T-post? Mike

Sometimes they can be used as anchors, so that you can chain down the bucket of your utility tractor, and lift the rear end off the ground...

thanks Crazyhorse - I"ll git er done tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    thanks Crazyhorse - I"ll git er done tomorrow
    cool post some pics when your done

CH!

got er done - just need to get pictures today sometime

Finally - here's the pics. No paint yet but it's on the list. I thought it needed a little more support so I added the side brace. Thinking about adding a handle that will slip inside the larger tube to extend for more leverage. Some of the posts I tried pulling a few weeks ago took a little more than my 200+ lbs to lift out.
    Mind if I ask, what are you selling these for?