Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Posting a message

Has anyone had this problem before. You see a topic and want reply to it. You are logged in and start banging away doing a twenty minute hunt and peck and when you are finally done you click submit reply and get a message that you must be logged on to do that? This has happened to me several times and it is extremely frustrating. Am I doing something wrong? I swear I almost put my fist through my monitor a few minutes ago after typing a long reply to a post down below. Any advice?? Adam
    Webb's Welding and Repair LLC
    MM210 w/a 3035 spoolgun
    Syncrowave 250
    Spectrum 625
    Trialbazer 302 w/HF
    http://webbsweldingandrepair.com/home

Drag the cursor over what you just typed and right click/copy.
    Do the login thing - and check the 'remember me' box.
    Go back to the post you were replying to and paste in your original reply.

Default Times-out

The system only gives you about 10 minute to compose a rely. After that it "times out", but doesn't warn you. I often get diarreah of the keyboard and type some pretty wordy replies, and have encountered the LogOn Again screen after clicking the Submit Reply button. Usually if I just log-on again and it posts fine. However to be safe, I too follow AnotherDano's advice and copy my reply, just in case...

One of the ways to let the system know you haven't walked away from the keyboard is to press the click the Preview Post button every now and then. You can still continue your reply, and not have to deal with the possibility of losing the Pearls of Wisdom you have so diligently composed to share.

I appreciate the advice. I will try your suggestions. Thanks, Adam
    Webb's Welding and Repair LLC
    MM210 w/a 3035 spoolgun
    Syncrowave 250
    Spectrum 625
    Trialbazer 302 w/HF
    http://webbsweldingandrepair.com/home