Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Looking for work

My father just issued me a challenge. He said I could join his business and help expand it if I could find business for him in Nunavut (northern Canadian territory). He owns a mobile welding company that specializes in "equipment installation and mechanical" I have no idea where to look. I know that a lot of the business is done by "bidding on jobs" again, I have no idea what that means. Does anyone know anything about this? I've googled just about every combination of "bid/ welding/ job/ nunavut" possible and still nothing is coming up. If anyone could tell me where a good place to start is (is there a site full of potential job listings?) I would be eternally gratefull.

Thanks

Where in Nunavut? , And why in the world there. My guess is that he wants a peice of the Davik, or BHP mines.

Nunavut is the farthest north territory in Canada. He doesn't really have anything specific in mind, I'm just looking at what's available.

Nothing much going on there work wise, I usually run the Ice roads in the Territories, cept the last couple of years.

Your better off trying to expand work in Thompson or FlinFlon areas, than heading way the heck up to Barren Baffin.

Sorry, i misread one of your previous comments, "Where IN Nunavut" as "Where IS Nunavut". I just moved down from Iqaluit about a month ago and the reason I suggested Nunavut was because I know for a fact that there's a lot of development going on, in Iqaluit anyway. All I'm looking for are jobs to bid on. If anyone knows how that's done, or where to find the jobs, please tell.
    Last edited by BManitoba; 02-04-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Your father may be the one to ask for marketing suggestions and bidding procedures.Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BManitoba View Post
    My father just issued me a challenge. He said I could join his business and help expand it if I could find business for him in Nunavut (northern Canadian territory). He owns a mobile welding company that specializes in "equipment installation and mechanical" I have no idea where to look. I know that a lot of the business is done by "bidding on jobs" again, I have no idea what that means. Does anyone know anything about this? I've googled just about every combination of "bid/ welding/ job/ nunavut" possible and still nothing is coming up. If anyone could tell me where a good place to start is (is there a site full of potential job listings?) I would be eternally gratefull.

Thanks
    Sounds to me that if you can't figure this out then he feels your not worthy to be a part of the company.
    So why exactly are you asking random people on the internet?

You said that you already know that there is a lot of development going on at Iqaluit. So who is doing the building, government, mining companies? Do they have websites? Google them and get phone numbers and contact names, start making calls asking THEM how to get involved. Is a large contract company doing the work? Make calls to them to see if you can sub contract under them. If it is government they do most of their work through tenders, there are federal tenders as well as provincial tenders, they are usually accessible online but you have to register in order to bid on them.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280