Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Flat Screen Monitor Stand

I have it in my head that I am going to build a stand for my 22" LCD monitor that will let me turn it from facing the desk to 90 to 180 and face away from the desk. Not that I like looking at the back of it, but to show someone what I am talking about, I can just flip it around.

I also want to make a pivot in the plan so I can view in portrait as well as landscape.

I don't have plans as of yet, but I have a good idea in my head.

The part I need help with is, I am not sure what I want to use for the pivot points to create a friction type joint. I am trying to avoid using set screws or thumb screws. I will buy the ball mount for the back of the monitor so I can tilt and pan the monitor.

I know that I could buy one, probably 50 to 100 bucks. But then I cant say I built it the way I wanted it. Even if I spend twice that, I can say hey thats one of a kind.

Here is a screen shot of kinda sorta where I am going with this. I welcome any and all ideas gentlemen.

LOL that is NOT me.
    Here is what I see right now, the dead space to the right is what I don't care for.

Attached Images Attached Images

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )