Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    The shape of the pieces you are joining together. Hollow rectangle, angle, C channel, I beam, etc..
    The question is general in nature so I would say "all of the above."

Default I choose Miters

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    The T joint you are likely talking about is not a true tee joint, it is only a half a T (L???) I have seen many gates made with this joint and its weakness comes from the fact that the end of the tube is left open and it tends to rack easier. This is on thin wall tubing though. If you close the end then I think the joints would be near equal.
    I choose the miter joint for the fact that both tubes are sealed. That being said, I never seem to go for the easiest way anyway.

I thought you were going to increase the strength of your 33' travel trailer, 170%, first????
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Kraythe Im coming to the conclusion you over think things too much!
    You need to join this forum.

http://www.eng-tips.com/threadcategory.cfm?lev2=21
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on my experiences in my little bitty world.

You think, Sonora????

Another suggestion, build the welding table the correct height, so you can place the 33' travel trailer on top of it, that needs to be 170% stronger, to allow for correct tigging of the new frame members. Remembering, of course, that we don't like MIG, because with wire feed we just don't have enough "control".
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    You think, Sonora????

Another suggestion, build the welding table the correct height, so you can place the 33' travel trailer on top of it, that needs to be 170% stronger, to allow for correct tigging of the new frame members. Remembering, of course, that we don't like MIG, because with wire feed we just don't have enough "control".
    Yoou know you dont have to be a prick every day. Give yourself a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by kraythe View Post
    Yoou know you dont have to be a prick every day. Give yourself a day off.
    Na, hes taken it easy on you, you should try a job site some time!

People crack me up; they come on these welding forums wanting to rub elbows with weldors, then get shocked & shaken at their attitude.
    Caution!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    Kraythe Im coming to the conclusion you over think things too much!
    You need to join this forum.

http://www.eng-tips.com/threadcategory.cfm?lev2=21
    Perhaps. I never thought that was especially a bad thing. Thinking is a good thing. Asking, learning, exploring, questioning are all the sources of knowledge in the world.

Now you personally Sonora dont seem to be one of those hostile people that inhabit this and other forums so I will take it as a bit of gentle ribbing and thank you for the link.

However, there are here some who believe they know it all. I am not one of those. I enjoy learning and at times that requires asking questions. Other people are so insecure that they cant admit to not knowing anything. These people are usually the forum flamers. They boost their own self-confidence by trying to hurt others. That has always been an alien thought to me. Fortunately I am immune to the hostile rantings of anonymous people I will never meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    Na, hes taken it easy on you, you should try a job site some time!

People crack me up; they come on these welding forums wanting to rub elbows with weldors, then get shocked & shaken at their attitude.
    Oh now there you have it wrong. I come here to ask questions and answer them when I can do so. If I care to rub anything with anyone I will do that with my wife. People on forums have an overinflated perception of their affect on others. I am very happy with who I am, successful in my chosen career and happy with my life which renders me immune to anything dished out here.

However, I can placidly fire back when I feel amused to do so. The fact that the snipers don't affect me just annoys them more.

Quote Originally Posted by kraythe View Post
    Perhaps. I never thought that was especially a bad thing. Thinking is a good thing. Asking, learning, exploring, questioning are all the sources of knowledge in the world.

Now you personally Sonora dont seem to be one of those hostile people that inhabit this and other forums so I will take it as a bit of gentle ribbing and thank you for the link.

However, there are here some who believe they know it all. I am not one of those. I enjoy learning and at times that requires asking questions. Other people are so insecure that they cant admit to not knowing anything. These people are usually the forum flamers. They boost their own self-confidence by trying to hurt others. That has always been an alien thought to me. Fortunately I am immune to the hostile rantings of anonymous people I will never meet.
    You have to remember we come from a different life style than some of you.
    Caution!