Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Welding Symbol?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Welding Symbol?

    Hello



    I wanna know the welding symbol for this kind of koint.

    If u can't see the picture you can find it here: http://xs.to/image-AC20_4B68685A.jpg

    Ignore the spanish words.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KANSAS
    Posts
    511

    Default Fish

    Give a man a fish,
    feed him for a day,

    Teach a man to fish,
    feed him forever.

    http://www.engineersedge.com/weld_symbol.htm
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

    Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

    Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    138

    Default Use this also!

    you will need this to figgure it out also!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer
    150lb Anvil
    10" Swing Logan Lathe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Please if you don't know the answer don't post a los of symbols. This is serious.

    Is just one question, if you don't know the answer, don't write anything.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    138

    Default Symbol

    Quote Originally Posted by jmtc View Post
    Please if you don't know the answer don't post a los of symbols. This is serious.

    Is just one question, if you don't know the answer, don't write anything.
    It seems you do not want to understand symbols but want to know them?

    If it was so serious you would have taken some time to look at the symbols we posted and drawn it out. There is a book i got in my blueprint reading class a few years back called Blueprint Reading For Welders, 7 edition, by A. E Bennett.

    Hope this helps: it is just a quick sketch i made....maybe i made some mastakes Review it and all the "symbols" we posted and take it from there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer
    150lb Anvil
    10" Swing Logan Lathe

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Weld symbol? I don’t see any welding symbols. I see joint prep, and post weld dimensions!
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,949

    Default Spam Posts?

    There seems to be a lot of these "new member" 1st posts lately. I would be wary of clicking on these links.

    Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessehornberger View Post
    It seems you do not want to understand symbols but want to know them?

    If it was so serious you would have taken some time to look at the symbols we posted and drawn it out. There is a book i got in my blueprint reading class a few years back called Blueprint Reading For Welders, 7 edition, by A. E Bennett.

    Hope this helps: it is just a quick sketch i made....maybe i made some mastakes Review it and all the "symbols" we posted and take it from there.
    Finally, one person who understood. Thanks a lot.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,949

    Default "Koint?"

    Quote Originally Posted by jmtc View Post
    Finally, one person who understood. Thanks a lot.
    If we knew what a "koint" was, maybe more of us wouldn't be leary of clicking on the link(s). There has been a lot of "spam" lately on this Forum, and generally, mispelling, confusing questions, "1st posts," or unrelated topics are a red flag.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    138

    Default If you can’t say something nice…Why say anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    If we knew what a "koint" was, maybe more of us wouldn't be leary of clicking on the link(s). There has been a lot of "spam" lately on this Forum, and generally, mispelling, confusing questions, "1st posts," or unrelated topics are a red flag.
    Look on your keyboard…next to the K is the J. It is a common typing error. Replace that K with a J and you get Joint. Personally I type all my posts in MS Word and use spell check, then copy and paste to the forum.

    Not to mention the 2 words you misspelled in your reply. If we knew what “leary” and “mispelling” were? ....maybe you are spamming

    Point is….If you can’t say something nice…Why say anything?
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer
    150lb Anvil
    10" Swing Logan Lathe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.