Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My new 175 cart with dual bottles.

I wasn't completely happy with the stock cart for my needs so I made my own and added a few things to it.

Jay

Last image.

And in DeWalt yellow, too! VERY BEAUTIFUL!! Can you make me one for my new Passport? Pretty please?

Do you have room to open the wirefeeder door without taking everything off the lead spooler next to it?

Thumbs up

Nice rig Sapper! What is that in the round holder on the front?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702
    And in DeWalt yellow, too! VERY BEAUTIFUL!! Can you make me one for my new Passport? Pretty please?

Do you have room to open the wirefeeder door without taking everything off the lead spooler next to it?

Not with the cord wound up. When it is in use the cord is not wound up like that and it opens easily.

The round holder has a container of tip dip in there.

Also my gun is not shown because I sold it and got a killer deal on a 15' roughneck gun which is much easier to get parts locally for.

Here is what I have on the cart.

I used most of the old cart for the shelves and the handles but the rest is all 1" square 1/8" wall.

The second tank is Argon for the spoolgun (RWII) in the pelican case on the bottom for doing Aluminum and the larger bottle is argoshield (25C) (20% Argon 80% Co2).

I made it so that controls are all near eye level as well as the side panel for ease of changing rolls and working the drive rollers. Plus I plan to build a work bench very soon and I want everything at or near the same height. I also have a 15" gun and a 20" ground.

I want to add 2 more T's near the large tank to carry all my clamps. I also plan to add a plasma to the base and a air hose reel to the bottom for connecting to the compressor with a build it air drier/filter.

Tools that are on the cart now besides what is easy to see.
    - 4 magnetic corner clamp
    - 1 mig plyers
    - 1 12" round ******* file for cleaning the nozzle
    - 2 bessy 12" clamps
    - 2 bessy 6" clamps
    - 2 bessy 8" clamps
    - 12 butt welding clamps
    - 2 squares
    - 1 magnetic level
    - 1 magnetic angle finder
    - 3 or 4 various wire brushes
    - 3 pairs of gloves (1 pair of welding ONLY gloves)
    - 1 shade 5 goggles for grinding
    - ear plugs
    - 2 tape measures
    - 1 metal ruler
    - 2 spanners for the angle grinder
    - and LOT different grinding/cutting/flapper wheel/wire wheel/velcro sanding disks

Default I like it.

Way cool setup, Sapper. Lot of stuff with a small footprint. Well thought out and put together. And I even like the color!!!

triggerman
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Default mm175

[QUOTE=sapper]Not with the cord wound up. When it is in use the cord is not wound up like that and it opens easily.

sapper, Are you enjoying the mm175?
    Regards, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by sapper
    the larger bottle is argoshield (25C) (20% Argon 80% Co2).
    I'd be interested in verifying that. Do you have the percentages swapped? And then, wouldn't that be C-20?

Default Mellow Yellow

There will be NO misplacing that welding cart!
    TA Arcmaster 185 w/TIG/Stick Kit
    MM210 w/3535 Frankengun
    MM140 w/o AS w/SM100 & CO2
    Hobart (Miller) 625 Plasma
    Hobart 250ci Plasma
    Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
    Lincoln Patriot Autodark (freebie)
    .45ACP Black Talons for those difficult jobs

[QUOTE=fyoung]
    Quote Originally Posted by sapper
    Not with the cord wound up. When it is in use the cord is not wound up like that and it opens easily.

sapper, Are you enjoying the mm175?
    Regards, Farris
    Very much so. I have a large project in the works for this summer and it should do everything I need it too and more, it has so far.

The design has been re-worked a bit and I just picked up the tubing on Monday. 460' of various sizes of DOM and ERW.