Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default portable bbq,smoker

I was wondering if anyone has nuilt a portable smoker/bbq grill. one that you could pull behind a truck. if so let me know if there r any plans or pics avaible.thanks, looking to not have to spend thousands.

Hey they are great fun to build. I build them for customers every now and then. I will try and put in some pics of the last one I did, shipped last Nov.
    I call it Big Red!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live Right Have Fun

XMT350 CV/CC
    22A Feeder
    MM175
    Dynasty 200DX
    TB302
    12vs Extreme
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000
    20" x 40" CNC Mills (2)
    16" x 60" engine lathe
    65 Ton edwards iron worker
    3/16' x 24" power slip roll
    16' power feed mitering bandsaw
    and other fun toys

Default bbq,smoker.

Hey,it looks super nice!!! but im sure comes with a pretty hefty price tag.Im just wanting to try and get smthng a little smaller,smthing i can take to the lake but b able to feed about 25-50 ppl. i also havent done much smoking,so dont know the best methods and what plans work the best. and want to keep the cost down a bit. if you have any plans u coould share that would help me a bunch.thanks!!:

Thanks,

I do these to fill in slow times.

There are a bunch of different ways make a smoke/bbq. the one pictured is a rotissary unit. 36"dia x 84" with a grille on the back of the trailer.
    Cost.... Material for the project ran $3985.00 complete. We fab everything from the ground up(axles and fenders were purchased).

A static style pit can be done for around $300/$500 and it will feed 50 people easy. you can make it to hook to your trailer receiver or put it on a small trailer.

Think 2 boxes - air in/air out. One box for fire the other for food.

OK I am ready to start cookin lunch... again.

As far as how to cook. KCBS ( Kansas City BBQ Association) www.kcbs.us
    You will also see a bunch of smokers and pits that different companies build. I stay a member even though I haven't competed in a couple of years.

When you decide what style of pit to build and you want some suggestions, i would be happy to help you with designs and hints. I am a PM away.

Just post pics for all to see.
    Live Right Have Fun

XMT350 CV/CC
    22A Feeder
    MM175
    Dynasty 200DX
    TB302
    12vs Extreme
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000
    20" x 40" CNC Mills (2)
    16" x 60" engine lathe
    65 Ton edwards iron worker
    3/16' x 24" power slip roll
    16' power feed mitering bandsaw
    and other fun toys

Quote Originally Posted by 1havnfun View Post
    Hey they are great fun to build. I build them for customers every now and then. I will try and put in some pics of the last one I did, shipped last Nov.
    I call it Big Red!
    That one is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by 1havnfun View Post
    I call it Big Red!

Nice set up.. what's for dinner you made me hungry

How about a pic or two of the insides and do you use 12V or 120V motors to rotate the spit and or basket?
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

Check out these smoker/BBQ's. There is tons on here.

Dont know if it helps?http://www.millerwelds.com/interests...y/lawn-garden/

check out www.thesmokering.com lots of good info there
    Miller 350P
    Miller Econotig
    Milwaukee Dry saw
    Evolution Dry saw (for sale)
    Scotchman 350 cold saw
    7x12 bandsaw
    1910 ATW 14 x 72 lathe
    fridge full of adult beverages
    Sirius radio

www.snpequipment.com
    callouses and burns a plenty

Default bbq/smoker

Thanks for all the replys,ill do a little more decision making on size and style,and get back for some added info and help.

Question enclosed trailer.

I was also wondering if anyone knows where and type of panels used that r generally used on the outside of the enclosed trailers out there. thinking of enclosing my 18ft trailer and also dont know if one could use steel studs they sell at hm dpt exc for the framing around outside and roll some sq tubing for the top? and attach? never seen the auctual framing structure of one-to know or get a good idea?. any advise or help would be appreciated.thanks