Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kraythe View Post
    Well apparently he has wasted time up til now. As for his "hours" fabing and arcing, I have no doubt of that. It doesn't make him any less of a prick. He is just a hateful prick that is really knowledgeable about welding. Again you seem to think that makes him a god or you a godlet for worshiping the likes of him. I find that all very amusing.

As for the could have had it built, probably but then I have a full time job and we have two major software releases coming out next week and are putting in 60 hours of work per week so its a bit hectic. On top of that I have had to put the finishing touches on my third book soon to be published so life has been a little crazy, limiting shop time. Besides, I like to plan and learn. unlike you and your deity, I don't assume I know it all.

As for the process, probably use stick on the heavy stuff and my victor torch on the rest of it though I haven't quite gotten the trick of a fillet weld on a torch. *shrug* Just need to have free time to practice. I am in no hurry. I do this just to have fun.

You see you and your deity have no power to upset me. Its very liberating not giving a **** what some jerk on the other side of the internet thinks. I have long past any stage of being able to be affected by the likes of you or your deity.

So why don't we get back to talking about welding and stop all of this bickering crap? No? Well it was worth a try. I for my part going forward will simply completely ignore anything posted by either of you. Have a nice life! (EDIT: Vbulletin's ignore feature ROCKS)
    Your post just confirmed my belief. You're the arrogant person here who knows nothing about welding or fabrication. You post questions and when experts reply, you want to argue with them because you think you know more then them. Your only expertise is to open mouth and insert foot.

How do you expect to weld up that "heavy duty" using an O/A torch?

Again, nobody on this board really gives a rat's a$$ about your job or how many books you have published. Anyone can publish a book as long as you willing to pay for it. Plenty of people on this board that works 60+ hours.

Why don't YOU get off your high "software engineer" horse and keep your mouth shut. Remember the quote from Mark Twain, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Sundown III is a licensed PE with masters degrees. What engineering degree do you have?
    Millermatic Passport Plus
    Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
    XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
    Dynasty 300 DX
    Thermal Arc 400 MST
    Victor O/A
    Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

When you act like a jerk, people treat you like a jerk.

BTW. How well were you received on Welding Web?

I'd also be happy to compare education, experience, accomplishments, professional accreditations, etc. any day. One thing I did learn early in life was that "you don't bring a Swiss Army Knife to a gunfight".

You're about to let that $25 mouth take over for your .10 lower posterior.

If anyone's interested, I suggest you go back and read this guy's previous posts. Should be clear where I'm coming from.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Quote Originally Posted by crawler View Post
    Your post just confirmed my belief. You're the arrogant person here who knows nothing about welding or fabrication. You post questions and when experts reply, you want to argue with them because you think you know more then them. Your only expertise is to open mouth and insert foot.
    Why should I care what your belief is? I have said several times that there are lots of people here that know more about metal than I do. Are you having problems reading English or are you just too stubborn to read what I have said? Some of those people are nice and helpful (the VAST majority of the folks here). Others are jerks and full of themselves. Some correct things that people say here in a respectful manner. Others think they own the world because they know how to properly weld and fabricate. *shrug*

How do you expect to weld up that "heavy duty" using an O/A torch?
    Well I would use stick on the half inch but it all could be done with a number 5 welding tip, maybe number 6 if I wanted to. Its not especially hard. We aren't talking rocket science here. See page 61 of this PDF.

http://www.thermadyne.com/IM_Uploads...20guide_lo.pdf

Again, nobody on this board really gives a rat's a$$ about your job or how many books you have published. Anyone can publish a book as long as you willing to pay for it. Plenty of people on this board that works 60+ hours.
    They asked. *shrug* Or rather they implied something else and I corrected them. And the point of publishing books is to make money, not spend it.

Why don't YOU get off your high "software engineer" horse and keep your mouth shut. Remember the quote from Mark Twain, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
    What exactly is a "high "software engineer" horse" ? Is that something like a Clydesdale?

Sundown III is a licensed PE with masters degrees.
    No doubt he is an accomplished professional engineer and welder with years of experience and tomes of knowledge. Of these facts I have absolutely no doubt.

He is also a prick.

What engineering degree do you have?
    Again you ask questions you dont want to know the answer to. You make all of these implied assumptions about someone you know nothing about. Since you seem to be morbidly currious, I have a bachelors in Computer science from University of Iowa, A masters in Information technology from the University of Liverpool and a PHd in applied computer science from the University of Liverpool. There you go. I dont know what that has to do with welding but you asked.

Now he will probably reply with some nonsense cut accusing me of being arrogant for answering his direct question. Some people!

This debate is accomplishing nothing so if you want to continue to debate how I am as evil as Hitler for asking questions on a public forum and *gasp* making mistakes in some aspects then go right ahead and talk to yourself. I have better things to do with my time.
    Last edited by kraythe; 02-05-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Thumbs down

Wow 17 posts

High poster

Not one bite of good information
    Fab Tech

Anyone else feel like they're watching the Teutuls (senior and junior) on American Chopper?

Quote Originally Posted by bikemonster View Post
    Anyone else feel like they're watching the Teutuls (senior and junior) on American Chopper?
    Time for a

Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    Time for a

WOW! Little too g@y for you to be posting that pic
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    WOW! Little too g@y for you to be posting that pic
    Want to tell them that? Within arms reach?
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    Drilling all those holes is about as much fun as doubling the load carrying capacity of a 33' travel trailer.

At least this "Heavy Duty Welding Table" won't kill someone when it fails due to lack of welding skill/knowledge of fabrication.
    Had to stir the pot again didn't you.
    Until this post.....everything was fine and informative. Good pics and information.
    So what if he wants to stick weld it or oxy fuel weld it. It wouldn't be my first choice but that doesn't mean all you guys have to blast him. This is a whole different project than the trailer or do some of you just have a woodie for picking at this guy?
    I see all the pi55ing back and forth and everyone has to make a point. Not that I agree with everything that kraythe says or wants to do but it sure looks to me like some people here just lurk around and wait for the chance to start something.
    SDIII's post was the beginning of the end for this tread.

A-

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    Want to tell them that? Within arms reach?
    Nah, I"m sure they'd kick my @ss! But hmm....men with mini-speedos....hugging and carressing...
    Not my cup of tea
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time