Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by accardmi View Post
    Very nice cart Donc.
    Thanks,
    Don

Default Red things

What are those ​red things on those welding carts?

Have a great day and be safe.
    Joe

Default Diversion 180 stainless cart

I needed here for quite some time for ideas. I needed to learn stainless for a '48 Chevy header build (thus the use of tubing here) over the winter I came up with this in a sort of hot rod theme. I am finishing up with a couple details this morning as a mater of fact and should have a couple of completed updates within the next couple weeks or so as things are rather hecktic at present. More than happy to contribute though and thanks for the visual inspiration I gained from this thread in particular
    freezerburn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Diversion 180 stainless cart

This cart is based on a hotrod type of a theme and has taught me a thing or two about tigging stainless. My first tig project and it took me over the last 5-6 months. The cylinders are 3x 155 size and the cart is designed to be used with either the Diversion or the 200DX. In all truth the Dynasty will look better as it is a bit shorter and skinnier and a tad deeper. I've done a bit more and have finished it these last few days. Here are some pics from a week or more ago first-
    DSCN4075.JPGDSCN4080.JPGDSCN4081.JPG

Default Diversion 180 welding cart in Stainless Steel-

This was all to learn how to weld ss tube to build a header for my '48 Chevy car. So over the winter now I know I can proceed. Thanks for the help and assistance folks and the great ideas on this forum... so hre is my small contribution and I hope that you like it-

Default My Diversion 180 stainless tube cart

Iearned stainless over the winter with this cart. Oxy fuel was my past experience. My '48 Chevy Fleetline two door hardtop needs a header for the rodded original 216 straight six... Aaaaaaal this was in prep to build that heDer (same tubes and sizes) I'm feeling very connfdent about it now we'll see, lol.

Default Diversion 180 Stainless welding cart

I'm turning bluer than my machine trying to get this posted, lol.
    freezer'

Default tttt

Here is the cart with an added "cab" for the hotrod look. Sorry for all the reposts- I was waiting for the mods to post and it was taking days... and I had reposted unknowingly 'freeze

Default Dynasty 350 / Miller 252

NDAV8R
    CANCER SURVIVOR
    Commercial Pilot since 1975
    MILLER DYNASTY 350 TIG
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX Tig
    Miller 252 Mig with 30-A Spool Gun
    Lincoln SP 270
    Hypertherm 625 Plazma Cutter
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Clausing 10 x 24 Turning Lathe
    Two 1918 16 x 60 South Bend Turning Lathes

I can weld, and run machine tools and figure out how to make or fix things generally, but I sure do envy you guys with artistic imagination, freezerburn. Some decades ago I thought maybe I should start making decorative gates for rich folk; less work and more money, I guessed. So I sat down at the desk with some blank paper and commenced designing gates. A driveway gate is basically an elongated rectangle with hinges on one end, and a bunch of little kids hanging on the other end, taking a ride. So it has to have some strength, and I tried to figure out how to incorporate a diagonal member in an artistic way. I tried a sort of sunburst design, with a circle "the sun" in one corner, and straight "rays" radiating out from it (my diagonal members).

I filled two sheets of paper with various designs of this nature. Sitting there, surveying the truly sad results of my utter lack of artistic imagination, I realized I would never make it with gates, and had better stay with what I was doing.