Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Lawn mower cart

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelchair View Post
    The lawnmower cart definitely belongs on the Jeff Foxworthy show.

Wheelchair
    Foxworthy wouldn't even think of using that. Unless it was up on blocks....
    OhioDave

HOTsdale AZ

Just another cart & cooler.

Ronnie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a shot of the cart I built over the holidays for my new Miller211. The aluminum thing is a drink holder and I have a Miller can koozi to go in it. The cart was mostly made from stuff I found around the shop, but I did have to buy a few things.
    Don J
    Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.

Default My Stuff

Here is some of the stuff I've made

I get my 180 and made a cart for it and had so much fun I made another one. The first one I made I made too short so I built it so I can slant the cylinder back which ended up being pretty cool, I have since painted it blue (Of course). The table is almost finished just need to find that hour to do it. Sorry the pics arent that good I took them with my phone.

DSCF0047[1].jpgphoto2.jpgphoto3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OhioDave View Post
    Foxworthy wouldn't even think of using that. Unless it was up on blocks....
    The deal was I built it really fast, it cleaned NO paint prior to welding to bring it up to farm code, dont think I actually fabricated anything, I had it sitting on my engine stand. The rolled tubing part of the frame was a deco utility chair I welded iconjunctionon to the lawn mower handle to make up the basic geometry. This whole scheme took about 30 minutes of picking thru the junk to come up with and about a dozen tack welds with itself andidn'tnt buy a thing.

This thing i found, the unit fit perfect. I added some features. Then eventually moved the plasma from it to stacked ofer my synch, free space and moved the little red sp to it, saved a whole parking space.

Its got a "home", rides its spot behind the bench, parked in this format for years and is super handy, made 1000's and thousands of welds like a pit stop over the years and rasy to roll right over to the hoist for car work. You can see in the 3rd pic I screw a sheet to enclose the drawer and create a shelf.
    It was a cart for some kind of instrument, all custom aluminum
    Last edited by Sberry; 01-21-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Considering the cost of parts and material I would be hard pressed to build a cart from scratch if I had to buy the stuff. Some nice things in this thread, I like the tool box mounted ones, if I was making one today and had to source materials I think I would consider a cheap engine stand as a core, steel comes all painted, posts, and wheels, etc. Gives 2 casters and 2 fixed wheels which is what most want, have seen them for as little as 40$.

Default converted parts cart

Here are some pics of my new welding table and some of the modifications I made to a rolling parts cart built by my brother to fit my new Thermal Arc Fabricator 181i, Along with the mig sheilding gas bottle and stick elctrodes, helmets and all my other welding stuff. The table is made with 1/8 wall 2x2 square tubing and a 5/16" drop plate that was 71"x49" but when I get my new plazma cutter I will be cutting it dow to 30"x60" and keep the extra plate for other projects. IMAG0197.jpgIMAG0198.jpgIMAG0199.jpg

im gona be building a cart soon and i got a few questions do you guys some how secure the welder itself to the cart? if so how? or just set it on there. i got a 211 btw. and i seen some people mount the tank on an angle is that ok to do? or should it be vertical.